2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 11:13 PM by Kletsel

Content-heavy project

Kletsel

I intend to make a content-heavy project (interactive book) with Adobe Muse and Tumult Hype. Has PhoneGap a memory management? I mean, does PhoneGap load to device memory all the content at once or it loads current HTML file only, or may be has a kind of memory management like Adobe DPS? A DPS app loads current page, as well next and previous pages only, but not all the content, that allows to make with DPS content-heavy projects, now I am looking for a replacement.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Content-heavy project
          kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

PhoneGap will only load the resources required for the current HTML page being displayed.

Now for my 2¢:

I suggest that Muse isn't the best option here -- you're going to have a poor user experience when navigating between pages for a couple reasons:

• PhoneGap & plugins have to re-init each page load
          • There will be a flash during the transition to the new page

Instead, your app should be created as a "single page app". There should be no browser navigation to pages other than index.html (but you can load whatever content you like via JavaScript & XMLHttpRequest). Resources can be loaded dynamically as needed (and eliminated when no longer needed, although you have no control over when the browser performs garbage collection). See Single-page application - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for more info. Of course, this is far less trivial than a typical website pattern, but well worth the results.

• 2. Re: Content-heavy project
            Kletsel Level 1

Thank you for answer