3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2016 1:56 PM by Peter Spier

create an rbg palate

rbkj

I am struggling with Creative Cloud and am in a lot of pain. I really just want a box of rbg crayons.

I used to open color libraries that came with ID to search for new colors. Now Adobe tells me I have to create each color and save it to a new library. But now "library" has a whole new meaning. I do not want to become a color expert. I just want to click on a color I like. I am lost in the massive and confusing maze of support options.

• 1. Re: create an rbg palate
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If you want to "click a color," try double-clicking one of the color proxy boxes for fill or stroke color in the Swatches panel or Tool Box which should open the Color Picker. Play around to get something you like, make sure you have your cursor in one of the RGB fields, and click the Add RGB Swatch button.

• 2. Re: create an rbg palate
            rbkj Level 1

Thank you for your prompt reply. I did what you recommended, created about 30 colors I liked, thought I saved them to my swatch library, but alas they are gone. Glad I didn’t do more (my non-trusting nature when it comes to software). Thanks for your contribution. Creative Cloud may kill me yet, but I’m trying. I’ve been with ID and AI since day one, but I think that may be an obstacle. Why doesn’t Adobe just sell this and put us out of our misery?

Roey Kirk

• 3. Re: create an rbg palate
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If you do it with no files open they will become default swatches for all new files (until you replace your preferences), but I would highly recommend you select any swatches you'd like to save and export them to and Adobe Swatch Exchange (.ase) file that you can store in a safe place and load into any Adobe program. Select the swatches, then from the Swatches panel flyout menu choose Save Swatches...