6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 9:20 PM by birderpp

How can I tile 2 photos side by side and send them by Email?

birderpp Level 1

For comparison purpose I would like to send two tiled photos by email. I use a Mac OS X 10.7 Lion computer. Can I do it using LR or Photoshop Elements 10?

I can and have been able to export/send only one photo using LR's Export page, not two tiled photos.

• 1. Re: How can I tile 2 photos side by side and send them by Email?
          dj_paige Level 9

The only way to put photos side-by-side in Lightroom is to use the Print module and then print to JPG. Then you can e-mail the result.

• 2. Re: How can I tile 2 photos side by side and send them by Email?
            birderpp Level 1

I am looking at Scott Kelby's LR 3 book in the Print Module and still cannot follow it. How does one get the Template Browser? Can you walk  me through  the process to create side-by-side photos?

• 3. Re: How can I tile 2 photos side by side and send them by Email?
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Select two images in Grid or Collections view

Goto the Print module,

***Totally IGNORE the Template Browser Panel. Close it down! (It only confuses many people! the Presets are rarely suitable)

Click on [Page Setup]

Choose you paper size and orientation (Portrait/Landscape) in the PRINTER dialog. Confirm OK, (Windows & Macs differ slightly)

In the "Layout Style" Panel choose [Single Image/Contact Sheet]

In the "Layout" Panel [Page Grid] choose 'Rows' or 'Columns' =2  (depending on orientation)

Adjust Cell Size, Margins, Cell Spacing, for visual appeal.

In the [Image Settings] Panel- Remove all the checks from "Zoom to Fill", "Rotate to Fit" and "Repeat one photo..."

So by now you should be seeing what you want-

If you have "Landscape" orientation and "2 x columns" for "Side by side"

Set [Print Job / Print to : ]  JPEG file.

Click on [Print to File] button.

• 4. Re: How can I tile 2 photos side by side and send them by Email?
                birderpp Level 1

I tried following your instructions, and got as far as the Layout Panel and was able to show two images side-by-side in Image Settings. But what next?

I then tried exporting this in Library mode and it shows separate individual images in the Folder to which it was saved to my Mac hard drive.

I also tried, Emailing the side-by-side images (which was achieved in the Image Settings panel) using LR5 and it opened up on my Mac Email showing not side-by-side images but two separate images one after the other. By the way, in my Printer Property I was given the option to send Portrait or landscape and image size and I selected Full image size. Could that be the problem maybe because it would not fit into Letter size format? I am confused.

• 5. Re: How can I tile 2 photos side by side and send them by Email?
                  wobertc Adobe Community Professional
                  I tried following your instructions, and got as far as the Layout Panel and was able to show two images side-by-side in Image Settings. But what next?

1. In the Print Job Panel-   Set the "Print to: " option to "JPEG File"

ScreenShot427.jpg

2. Click on the button in the lower right of screen- [Print to File...]

ScreenShot428.jpg

3. Select a folder location and save the new jpg file with a suitable filename.

ScreenShot429.jpg

4. If you are hoping to email using Lightrooms link to email- Note: the saved image will NOT appear in the Lightroom library (until you Import it, or do a folder synchronize).  Otherwise just open your email program and send the image as an 'attached' file.

Can you post a screen-clip of your 'tiled' image in the print module with the "Layout" panel expanded open.?

• 6. Re: How can I tile 2 photos side by side and send them by Email?
                    birderpp Level 1

Hallelujah, it worked!!! You made my day. Many thanks for your detailed and guided instructions.