8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2016 4:44 PM by wobertc

how to create folders

cr698760 Level 1

I have tried clicking plus sign in Lightroom 6 stand alone and it then does not show up in the list of folders.

I simple want to put a collection of phonts imported together together this is proving impossible all going into folders according to meta data

• 1. Re: how to create folders
          Axel Matt Level 4

I've the same problem. When you create a folder by clicking on the plus sign you have to restart LR. The the folder is shown in the list. The other way is to create the folder in the Windows Explorer before you starting LR.

Regards

Axel

• 2. Re: how to create folders
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

The simplest, and best, way to create a folder is to Right click on the Drive Letter or Name of the drive (Mac OS X) you want to create the folder on (Or the Folder name you want to create the folder in as a Sub-Folder) and select Create Folder In Side "Drive Letter or Name or Folder name". Then type in a name and the folder will be created and visible without having to restart LR.

• 3. Re: how to create folders
              cr698760 Level 1

Thank you for your responses. Now I have two options as both ways work.

• 4. Re: how to create folders
                wobertc Adobe Community Professional

If you are importing new photos- Why are you creating a new folder in the Folder panel??

The Import process can do that easily in one step, all within the Import dialog.

• 5. Re: how to create folders
                  cr698760 Level 1

Wobertc  How do I do that ? When I imported my new photos they came as one big clump did not transfer existing folders or created new ones?

• 6. Re: how to create folders
                    Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

cr698760 wrote:

Wobertc  How do I do that ? When I imported my new photos they came as one big clump did not transfer existing folders or created new ones?

In the Import dialog you select Copy, then in the Destination area on the right you can select the folder they go into or create a folder or folders they go into.

Please review some of the extremely good online tutorials on importing images into LR. Go to Adobe TV.

• 7. Re: how to create folders
                      dj_paige Level 9

cr698760 wrote:

I have tried clicking plus sign in Lightroom 6 stand alone and it then does not show up in the list of folders.

I simple want to put a collection of phonts imported together together this is proving impossible all going into folders according to meta data

You could also use a Lightroom keyword for this purpose, that is usually a better solution than using an operating system folder for this purpose.

• 8. Re: how to create folders
                        wobertc Adobe Community Professional

I agree with comments above- there are other ways and better!

but to answer- How do I do that ?

Suggested settings for Destination to "One Folder" created in the Import dialog.

Screen-clip creates a sub-folder {MY FOLDER NAME} within the parent folder {PICTURES} on E:Disk.

1. Choose "Organize" = 'Into one folder'

2. Select (Highlight) the Parent Folder

3. Tick "Into Subfolder"  and Type your desired subfolder name.

4, Import

ScreenShot439.jpg

1 person found this helpful