14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 6:52 AM by dj_paige

Importing Photos Issue

pedrog44691817

Hi all,

I am having issues when importing photos into lightroom. I have made a lot of panoramic photos with both RAW+JPEG and when importing the files into lightroom they are not even showing up on the preview. I am not sure if others are missing as well but at least those panoramic aren't.

I used to work with LightRoom4 on a PC and I don't realise to have seen this issue. Now I am using LR5 CC on an iMac since 1 month and its the 1st time I have seen this issue.

Can you help?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Importing Photos Issue
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

How did you make the pano images? Did you do it inside LR or with some other image editing software?

If done with LR they are already in the LR catalog.

• 2. Re: Importing Photos Issue
            dj_paige Level 9

What file type are the pano images?

• 3. Re: Importing Photos Issue
              pedrog44691817 Level 1

No I have just made the photos. I haven't managed to import into Lightroom, because of the issue I have just described.

• 4. Re: Importing Photos Issue
                pedrog44691817 Level 1

The photos were made in RAW+JPEG. But neither the RAW or the JPEG were imported.

• 5. Re: Importing Photos Issue
                  dj_paige Level 9

What happens when you try to import? Describe in detail.

If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

• 6. Re: Importing Photos Issue
                    pedrog44691817 Level 1

No Error message. I have just imported the pictures as usual and when I was searching for some specific images I couldn't find them. Afterwards I have seen that those were not imported at all. Making a long research on the web I found some people with the same problem but I couldnt find a resolution. So decided to post here.

• 7. Re: Importing Photos Issue
                      dj_paige Level 9

I'd appreciate a clarification. When you say you were searching for some specific images, how were you doing this search? Please provide lots of details. Lots and lots of details, so we know exactly what you did.

How do you know these photos were not imported at all? Please provide lots of details.

• 8. Re: Importing Photos Issue
                        pedrog44691817 Level 1

DJ thanks for your help.

I have all the pictures on an external drive. These are old pictures from last year. These were the steps I have done.

1) I have plunged the drive on my iMac

2) Open Lightroom 5 CC

3) Went into the main page

4) pressed Import

5) Selected add because I didn't want to create a copy on the local drive

6) apply the Tags and a preset for lens correction

7) I have also selected Build Smart Previews and Don't Import Suspected Duplicates

8) I have imported all pictures I have on the folder from the external drive. Some of those pictures are JPEG others are RAW and others I have shoot with the option RAW+JPEG which makes one copy of each.

9) When I was in the main page (Library) I couldn't find some of the pictures

10) I went to the drive and they are in the drive. Means they were not imported. The pictures that were not imported were not only the Pano ones, neither were only the RAW+JPEG ones. Sone of the others were missing as well.

11) I have then tried again to import the pictures and this time with the option "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates" deselected.

12) When I do that Light room doesn't identify any pictures to be imported from the folder and because of that it doesn't enable the Import button

There are several pictures that were not imported. In total I have 1300 pictures on the filter and less than 1100 were actually imported.

• 9. Re: Importing Photos Issue
                          dj_paige Level 9

9) When I was in the main page (Library) I couldn't find some of the pictures

I specifically asked for details on what you did in this step.

• 10. Re: Importing Photos Issue

pedrog44691817 wrote:

No I have just made the photos. I haven't managed to import into Lightroom, because of the issue I have just described.

What exactly do you mean by "I Just Made The Photos". Made them How? Does your camera do Panoramic stitching?

If not done In Camera what software did you use to create the Panoramas?

What is the File Extension of the Panoramic images?

If done with a version of Photoshop what version and were they saved using Maximum Compatibility?

• 11. Re: Importing Photos Issue
                              Jacob_Djurhuus Level 1

I have the same problem, my LR won't show any files in the import dialog window (It worked two days ago).

• 12. Re: Importing Photos Issue

Jacob_Djurhuus wrote:

I have the same problem, my LR won't show any files in the import dialog window (It worked two days ago).

You don't have the same problem.

Please make a new thread describing exactly the problem you have.

• 13. Re: Importing Photos Issue
                                  Jacob_Djurhuus Level 1

As I understand it, he can't import into LR, that is the same same issue, that Ihave, so why is it not the same problem ?

• 14. Re: Importing Photos Issue
                                    dj_paige Level 9

@jacob_djurhuus:

Please put your problem, explained in detail, in a different thread so we aren't trying to talk to two different people in the same thread. That is very confusing, its hard to tell who is responding to whom. It gets even more confusing if the proper solution to the problem is different between the two people.