4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2016 3:03 AM by Dheeraj.exe

Where are edited files in recent tab saved exactly?

Dheeraj.exe

So here is situation that I'm facing, If I open a eBook (let's call it E_Original), highlight some text and add some notes, these changes are not saved to the original pdf file. Instead edited pdf file appears in the recent tab with little cloud icon below the file name (This file has name E_Original but seems it's not original file, but some temporary file located somewhere else).

So my file is secure on adobe cloud but still I want to access locally so that I can save it to dropbox etc on my tablet, possible on my computer. So where exactly edited files in recent files are located in android?

My OS : Android 5.1

Thanks

• 1. Re: Where are edited files in recent tab saved exactly?
          nkhanna Adobe Employee

Hello,

Could you please verify if your mobile link is turned on? You can verify it with the mobile icon placed in the top bar on Recent tab (tick shows mobile link is turned on). If the mobile link is turned on, then the pdf is saved on the Document Cloud. You can turn off the mobile link by tapping on mobile icon, then all the changes will be saved on your local file.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

• 2. Re: Where are edited files in recent tab saved exactly?
            Dheeraj.exe Level 1

Hi,

I did it, but the edited files in recent tab which have cloud icon still being saved to cloud but... That fixed that problem since now when I edit a pdf on my local machine, it saves the file locally. Thanks

• 3. Re: Where are edited files in recent tab saved exactly?
              nkhanna Adobe Employee

Hello,

If you want to save the file to dropbox or drive, you can do that using share option( in bottom bar ). If you want those cloud files locally, then you can generate a public link using "share public link" option in share dialog. After generating the link, you can download that file and can save it  locally.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

• 4. Re: Where are edited files in recent tab saved exactly?
                Dheeraj.exe Level 1

At last the situation I was scared of did occur, I lost the ebook (The.CPP.Standard.Library.2nd.Edition.pdf) with all the highlights and notes etc I've been adding for some time :S .

While syncing the ebook with adobe cloud (I just switched on the wifi) (the book was in outbox already I guess), I switched the app to some other app, and then came most scaring error : Error uploading the file to cloud or something. When I checked the ebook, the ebook size reduced to 1 MB from 14 MB in the recent tab and in the cloud storage too .

So I don't want any help now (unless if you could recover my file The.CPP.Standard.Library.2nd.Edition.pdf which was synced last time perfectly, I guess it was 3-5 days back), there is no backup now of edited pdf I got locally.I'm going to use adobe acrobat ever