7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 2:19 AM by nsanatee

LR CC I try to process a photo that is showing in film strip, says "folder could not be found", try to import says, "already imported"

nsanatee

I have LR CC, about ready to delete the entire program. I try to process a photo that is showing in film strip, says "folder could not be found", try to import says, "already imported" ....Before I give up all together, does anyone have any ideas that my obviously simple mind can grasp? I am quite proficient in photoshop, lost at sea with lightroom....Thanks in advance for any clues...

• 2. Re: LR question
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi nsanatee,

Please check the following article to locate missing images in Lightroom : Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
          Tanuj

• 3. Re: LR question
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It's possible that the folder has been moved. It's possible, if the folder is on an external hard drive, that the drive letter has changed. Without any more details it's difficult to diagnose. One thing you can try is to right-click on the folder in the library module and choose the option to update the folder location. Then used the dialog that appears to point Lightroom to the folder.

• 4. Re: LR question
              nsanatee Level 1

I tried that, it brought up en entirely different folder, asked if I wanted to combine, I clicked yes and the photo opened. (success of a sort). This is all pretty odd, as I access all these original folders from Bridge with no problem. The files I'm accessing are still on my hard drive.

Thanks for the lightning fast reply....

• 5. Re: LR question
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have seen this "combine" option a couple of times lately. I don't understand what is happening. Have you imported the images more than once?

• 6. Re: LR question
                  dj_paige Level 9

You have to use your operating system to find the location of the file.

Then, you can reconnect the photo (or folder) using the instructions given in the link from Tanuj.

If you are getting the message to combine folders, and you are sure you have done everything properly, then let Lightroom combine the folders.

• 7. Re: LR question
                    nsanatee Level 1

It seems I DID move many of the files. I tried importing more than once but LR wouldn't allow it.  The problem, I believe was I still use Bridge as an organizer and when saving files to a portable HD, I save directly from my computer's files and don't use Lightroom. That will need to change obviously. Anyway, the right click and combine option worked.

THANKS to all for the responses and help! Much to learn.