2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2006 7:47 AM by Newsgroup_User

Unstable html with dynamic text

jdc59
      Hello, everyone.

I'm having problems getting the dynamic text function to read an html text. I can get it to acknowledge <u> and <a href=> for links and underlining and even imbed images, but not <em> for italics or <strong> for bold. I have the "render text as html button selected," so I'm not sure why I'm getting these mixed results.

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Unstable html with dynamic text
          adireddy
          Flash only supports a minimal set of HTML tags. <em>, <strong> are not supported.
          • 2. Re: Unstable html with dynamic text
            Level 7
            1. Be sure the html is not malformed. In Control->Test Movie you can use
            Debug->List Variables or Debug->List Objects and find the text field where
            you will see how the html is rendered in the htmlText property. Then paste
            that into an HTML validator to check for malformed HTML.

2. Be sure the html tags you are using are supported by the Flash player
            version you are publishing. For Flash 8 here is the link to the
            documentation: http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00001459.html

3. Here is the general documentation link that will help you adapt design
            your use of HTML in text fields.

--
            Lon Hosford
            www.lonhosford.com
            May many happy bits flow your way!
            "jdc59" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:e27v7r$h1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            Hello, everyone.

I'm having problems getting the dynamic text function to read an html text.
            I
            can get it to acknowledge <u> and <a href=> for links and underlining and
            even
            imbed images, but not <em> for italics or <strong> for bold. I have the
            "render
            text as html button selected," so I'm not sure why I'm getting these mixed
            results.

Any ideas?