5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 9:42 AM by keithg88338997

Audio not loading into RAM

keithg88338997

WTF Adobe, I have not been able to use my machine to sync sound to video for months now. FIX MY SH%%%! The sound is very choppy, sounds slow and honestly is driving me flipping crazy.

• 1. Re: Audio not loading into RAM
          keithg88338997 Level 1

BTW iM on your latest update 13.7. Im glad you got the puppet tool working because that is some serious money right there.

• 2. Re: Audio not loading into RAM
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is not a place to contact Adobe. I understand the frustration and wanting to yell at them, but this is a user-to-user forum. So you're just talking to fellow users (for the most part).

We may not be Adobe, but we can try to help!

When you say the sound is "choppy", what do you mean? Is your playback achieving real time when you're previewing? Do you have mute audio if playback is not real time checked?

What OS are you using?

• 3. Re: Audio not loading into RAM
              keithg88338997 Level 1

Whoops. I assumed it was Adobe since they pointed me here.

Anyways, I think the issue is El Capitain. I came into work where Im still running Yosemite and it is working ok. I would urge other users to not upgrade your OS until this is fixed. On El Capitain the sound is choppy, stutters and plays at half time. I went through all the recommended hacks to fix and nothing helped.

• 4. Re: Audio not loading into RAM
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What hacks did you try?

It sounds like your previews aren't reaching real time.

A lot of folks are finding that docking a panel underneath their timeline will make their previews play in real time again.

In this screenshot you will see the render queue is below the timeline.

Screen+Shot+2016-02-14+at+10.06.16+AM.png

This makes cached playback go in real time on El Capitan.

• 5. Re: Audio not loading into RAM
                  keithg88338997 Level 1

Awesome. Im going ot try that when I get off work. I saw that mentioned, but did not understand the mechanics. Your screenshot helps volumes.