5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 7:45 AM by JimHess

Creative cloud plan inquiries - LR

c52654683

1. 'Photography' looks more appealing than 'Single App' for creative cloud plan, how come it is cheaper? please help with a comparison.

2. If I decide to upgrade from a free trial to a plan, do my info from free trial get integrated into my new/current plan? does LR read data based on your account or by the computer you downloaded/set up with?

• 1. Re: Creative cloud plan inquiries - LR
          dj_paige Level 9

c52654683 wrote:

1. 'Photography' looks more appealing than 'Single App' for creative cloud plan, how come it is cheaper? please help with a comparison.

"Cheaper" is relative. The photography plan is $9.99 a month which is about $240 for two years. The standalone version is $149 for however long you want to use it. Of course, the photography plan has more features.

2. If I decide to upgrade from a free trial to a plan, do my info from free trial get integrated into my new/current plan? does LR read data based on your account or by the computer you downloaded/set up with?

All your data remains intact when you move from trial to purchased version.

• 2. Re: Creative cloud plan inquiries - LR
            c52654683 Level 1

Thanks for your reply, really helped!

One more question though, which is the standalone version you mentioned?

• 3. Re: Creative cloud plan inquiries - LR
              dj_paige Level 9

Lightroom 6.4 is the current standalone version as of today

• 4. Re: Creative cloud plan inquiries - LR
                JoeKostoss Level 4

dj, I believe that the OP is referring to the single app plan on CC which costs $20 / month.  Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

With this plan you get a choice from all of the Adobe Products, which is probably the reason for the higher price.  One of the choices is Photoshop, but one would be better off buying the photography plan if that was the app that he wanted.

Screenshot 2016-03-08 09.21.24.png

• 5. Re: Creative cloud plan inquiries - LR
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

c52654683 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, really helped!

One more question though, which is the standalone version you mentioned?

Lightroom 6 (currently at update 6.4) is a standalone version of Lightroom that can be purchased. Since you are talking about the trial version, you need to be aware that the dehaze filter and some of the adjustments in the adjustment brush (specifically the blacks and whites sliders) and a few other features were added after Lightroom 6 was released and are not part of what you will have in Lightroom 6. It will be necessary for you to wait until Lightroom 7 is eventually released, and you will have to purchase that upgrade. The cost of upgrades in the US has historically been $79. The creative cloud licensed Lightroom receives periodic and ongoing updates as part of the subscription plan. Lightroom 6 seems to be a good choice for many users. But you should be aware that there will be feature differences when compared with white you have been using in the trial version.