0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2006 2:37 AM by Waffle_Zombie

How could I create this mechanism?

Waffle_Zombie
      Hi guys,

Being the Actionscript newbie that I am, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me add some interactivity to a project I’m currently working on. I’ve made a rough animated prototype of what I’m trying to do which I’ve linked below, as well as a Flash file with the relevant graphics in for anyone who wouldn’t mind helping me out.

The animated Shockwave file is linked here
      The Flash file is linked here

What I’m trying to create allows a user to interactively part two bushes, to reveal a picture beneath. When the bushes are returned to the original position by the user, the picture is randomly changed. The user therefore sees the new image the next time he parts the bushes.

• The user positions the cursor over one of the bushes, and moves it by holding down the mouse button and dragging in a particular direction. The opposite bush mirrors the movement of the first.

• The movement of the bushes is a bit like a pair of scissors, with both graphics anchored to a single point. When the bushes move, they rotate around this single point.

• The functionality of the bushes is a bit like that of a scroll bar in Internet Explorer; if you move the mouse cursor off them, they no longer respond to mouse movement. Also, if the user stops interacting with the bushes mid-rotation, they simply stay where they are.

• Both of the bushes should also have a rotation limit, so that they can’t be rotated 360 degrees. These would be at 0 degrees (their original, upright position) and 90 degrees (clockwise or anti-clockwise, depending on it being the left or right bush).

• As I mentioned before, each time the bushes are returned to their original position, the picture beneath changes. This change should be invisible to the user, so I guess that when both bushes are returned to their original, upright position, the new image is loaded on the layer beneath the bushes.

If I haven’t been clear enough about something, I can post up some extra information or answer any questions. Thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to help!