• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabs disappear when I change the chm file name using RH 11 to generate HTML Help.

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 11 and generating HTML Help. When I generate the chm file, I get all three of the tabs I want: Index, Contents, and Search. But if I change the chm file name, the tabs disappear and I get the Show or Hide button, which doesn't work.

I'm changing the chm file name by clicking Single Source > HTML Help > Properties, and then changing the name in in the Outot folder and File name field.

Why do my tabs disappear if I change the chm file name? The same thing happens if I change the name after I compile the chm file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

How exactly are you opening the CHM file? Is it perhaps linked to an application? If so, it's likely the application is looking for the actual CHM file name.

Can you share a screen shot of what it looks like when it opens after you have made the name change?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Here's the file before I make the change:

And here it is after I change the name:

When I click Show, it toggles to Hide.

If I change the name back to the original name and compile Help, the tabs appear. I also get the same results if I change the name in Explorer on my C: drive.

FYI, my everything is on my C: drive. Nothing is on the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp