No, it will not.
Interactive PDFs will only work with Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro on desktop computer with Flash installed.
- It will not work on mobile devices.
- It will not work without Flash.
- It will not work with other Reader of Viewers outside the Adobe Acrobat Product Line.
- It will not work with most browsers.
- It will not word with Acrobat versions older than those which will support exactly that interactivity.
Many people will tell you that using InDesign's Publish Online feature is a better way to go. I would agree 1,000%
So just build the brochure using the interactive features and click publish online?
For me, that has provided the most reliable way to use interactivity. It will give you a link for users to visit. I would suggest this method, if it suits your project. As you can see from Willi Adelberger's notes, there are so many reliability variables to contend with, it just makes sense.