2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2006 11:40 AM by Newsgroup_User

I need to get pixel data from linear lists for color clustering of visual input

Jan_Carlo
      Hello to you

I need to get pixel data from linear lists for clustering

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to auto save lists in a text file using the fileIO.
      Currently I can only save text from a text field (not a list of values such as xy coordinates and RGB values) manually , but have problems with linear lists..

Have a glittering day
        • 1. Re: I need to get pixel data from linear lists for color clustering of visual input
          Level 7
          You'll need to convert your linear list to a string then save it. When
          reading it back you'll need to use the value function to convert it back to
          a list. You won't be able to include any entries with quotes.

You're better off using an Xtra like propsave which is free and saves data
          in a binary file.

--
          Craig Wollman
          Word of Mouth Productions

phone 212 928 9581
          fax 212 928 9582
          159-00 Riverside Drive West #5H-70
          NY, NY 10032
          www.wordofmouthpros.com

"Jan Carlo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e2fo0k$n9n$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello to you
          >
          > I need to get pixel data from linear lists for clustering
          >
          > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to auto save lists in a text file
          > using the fileIO.
          > Currently I can only save text from a text field (not a list of values
          > such as
          > xy coordinates and RGB values) manually , but have problems with linear
          > lists..
          >
          > Have a glittering day
          >
          >

• 2. Re: I need to get pixel data from linear lists for color clustering of visual input
            Level 7
            Reviewing Craig's convert to string recomendation, Here's the basic form
            for the string and value functions. You can save and retrieve a complex
            nested property list, but the entire file can only contain a single list.

saveToFileIOtext string(myLinearList)

myLinearList = value(readFileBackin() )