6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2016 12:45 PM by poliskey

smoother movement with AE

poliskey Level 1

There is a short animation of two videos made with premiere pro. I tried to achieve an effect of that falling chariot smooth and naturaly looking, but seems like PP is not a tool. My question is if can reach better results with After Effects - if so, what is your kinnd advice?

Thx

• 1. Re: smoother movement with AE
          mattmeijer45 Level 1

Easy Ease your keyframes.  highlight them and right click and go to key frame assistant

• 2. Re: smoother movement with AE
            chrisw44157881 Level 4

1. I don't know if its youtube, but it looks like your rendering fps didn't match your original sequence. It looks like media encoder dropped frames.

2. it looks like a timestretch was added later after the timeremapping and is fighting it. Just use one or the other.

3. also, your waves might work better with optical motion, not jerky whole frames.

Change Clip Speed and Duration in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

• 3. Re: smoother movement with AE
              poliskey Level 1

mattmeijer45 napisał(-a):

Easy Ease your keyframes.  highlight them and right click and go to key frame assistant

I was thinking rather some physics tool, to edit easy weight and gravity f.e.. But it looks like keyframes edits are more advanced in AE so I'm gonna start with your advice first. Thx!

• 4. Re: smoother movement with AE
                poliskey Level 1

Chris - thanks for your tips, im gonna check with optical motion. Im not sure what do you mean about timeremapping, I stretched clip to 25% only. And you are right about fps didnt match original sequence.

By this occasion I have a question (as I focused more on visual then technical issues of the program). They say sequence settings must be the same as source clip. But what about if I have two clips with different fps? Like in this video, the wave is 100fps 720p and the chariot is 59fps 1080p. When I use them both on timeline what it's settings should be? Is in it like with having clips at random resolution and fps, which i put together in my final video, the final export will not match their settings anyway? I cant understand it really to be honest:) Thanks in advance

• 5. Re: smoother movement with AE
                  chrisw44157881 Level 4

default import is the clip fps is speed ramped to the sequence. so 100fps dropped into 59 would be sped up. If you use blend frames or pixel motion optical, then the speed will be the same but the frames will match the export by being interpolated. Make sure media encoder has the same fps as the sequence or AME will drop frames in a linear fashion creating a jerky look

Your final fps is usually dependent on your final viewing device or "look" as 59fps is relatively smooth compared to say 24fps film, especially if its interlaced which is actually 29.97fps interlaced as 59.94 fields/sec. or...

1080 60i (US Broadcast 1080i Video) = 1920 x 1080 Resolution + 59.94 Hz + 59.94 Interlaced Fields

720 60P (US Broadcast 720P Video) = 1280 x 720 Resolution + 59.94 Hz + 59.94 Progressive Frames

• 6. Re: smoother movement with AE
                    poliskey Level 1

thx for reply - not all understandable but I will keep my eye on it;)!