3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2006 1:37 PM by Newsgroup_User

Batch Process and file extensions

ONDOTeaM
      Hello! My english is not very good.. i have a question.. when i try to do a batch process, the extension of the file change to lowcase.. this is ver bad due to i'm running in apache server over linux.. can i change this ?? Thanks! Best Regards
        • 1. Re: Batch Process and file extensions
          Level 7
          Use any number of File Rename utilities out there to change the
          extension back to upper case.
          Here is one I use:
          http://www.sherrodcomputers.com/products_filerenamer.cfm
          The basic version is free.

alex

ONDOTeaM wrote:
          > Hello! My english is not very good.. i have a question.. when i try to do a
          > batch process, the extension of the file change to lowcase.. this is ver bad
          > due to i'm running in apache server over linux.. can i change this ?? Thanks!
          > Best Regards
          >
          • 2. Re: Batch Process and file extensions
            ONDOTeaM Level 1
            Hello Alex!

Thanks for your reply.. the problem it's this.. a user of my website upload a picture of 1.5 Mb with the extension in uppercase and other upload a picture with the extension in lowercase.. right ?? I use fireworks to compress the picture, i need that the compressed picture have the same extension (uppercase or lowercase) as the original file.. to upload them after.. do u understand me ?? Sorry for my bad english.. thanks !
            • 3. Re: Batch Process and file extensions
              Level 7
              In that case, unfortunately, you will have to work with each file
              individually or create a file naming standard of lower case.
              I can't think of any other way ... alex

ONDOTeaM wrote:
              > Hello Alex!
              >
              > Thanks for your reply.. the problem it's this.. a user of my website upload a
              > picture of 1.5 Mb with the extension in uppercase and other upload a picture
              > with the extension in lowercase.. right ?? I use fireworks to compress the
              > picture, i need that the compressed picture have the same extension (uppercase
              > or lowercase) as the original file.. to upload them after.. do u understand me
              > ?? Sorry for my bad english.. thanks !
              >