4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2018 4:38 PM by Boijer

How can I delete drop shadow in Muse master page?

charlottev80428000 Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to get rid of a drop shadow around the browser edge in Muse. Just unticking the effect in the master page ("effect>shadow") doesn't work. Cleared the cache of the browsers, uploaded the site to BC, checked the effect in various breakpoints, nothing seems to work. Anyone?

• 1. Re: How can I delete drop shadow in Muse master page?
          Günter Heißenbüttel Adobe Community Professional

These effects can’t be applied to the browser background, even it seems to look so under certain circumstances:

• Fixed width page: The effect is applied to the page you have defined. Browser background is still visible.

• Fluid width page:  The effect is applied to the page you have defined. Browser background is still visible.

• Fluid page width with applied command "Click to allow page to expand" (= double arrow to the left and right of the breakpoint bar): Page expands to browser width and so do the applied effects (shadow, bevel, glow).

If the effect is applied to your master page, you can switch it off by having no other element selected.

If it still appears on your layout page,: Could it be, that the effect is applied to both, master and layout?

• 2. Re: How can I delete drop shadow in Muse master page?

Thank you for your quick reply. You were right, the effect wasn't applied to the browser, it was applied to the edge of the page fill. But I've applied the shadow in the master page only, not in the layout pages.

Tried everything you suggest, no effect yet.

I've tried switching the double arrows from '<<' to '>>' and then the horrible shadow disappears, but only on the homepage. Not on the pages for which I haven't applied the breakpoints yet (so no double arrows there). Also, the double arrows on the breakpoint bar need to stay inward '<<' otherwise my layout gets all messed up if I expand the browser to a width wider than the 1020 px width of the pages.

Maybe I didn't quite understand your remarks on

'- Fixed width page: The effect is applied to the page you have defined. Browser background is still visible.

- Fluid width page:  The effect is applied to the page you have defined. Browser background is still visible.'

• 3. Re: How can I delete drop shadow in Muse master page?

Found out what caused problem. In my master page -  even without having selected anything - the graphic style of an element with a drop shadow was applied, accidentally. I've switched the overall graphic style for the master page to 'none' and that did the trick. Problem solved.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How can I delete drop shadow in Muse master page?
                Boijer

Thank you for following up! This answered my question exactly.