A great place to start is on phonegap.com. The Getting Started guide (http://phonegap.com/getstarted/) will show you how to setup our developer tools which you can use to run an app on a mobile device. Since you already have a web app, part of your next step will be in moving over those assets so that they work within PhoneGap.
thanks for replying so quickly, but i have a small confusion after read every instruction on that you provided. the few confusion is moving assets on there.
1. For Step 5 shall i copy my application folder from xampp>htdocs to phone gap folder >at www folder....
2. will that application can be able to access the my server side / localhost database....
For question 1, yes that is correct
For question 2, no. PhoneGap will not run a local server on the device. Your server will need to be traditionally hosted and accessed via standard AJAX/REST calls.
thanks for sending me a quick feedback, it will better if you provide me some video tutorial for this 2nd part...not for the local server but for the online server.
hi fellow guy,
i am still kind of confused that how to run my web project to phonegap project.
my project name is shopsky and it is an e-commerce based site....
what i have done to convert this project to phonegap is create a new project>show the path, Name of project & com.kkk.kkk>create project
1. on 1st time i have delete every single folders just kept res & spec then copied all folders to the phonegap project folder www then tried to run the project (failed)
2. on 2nd time i have kept all the files & folder after creating project and copied all folders to the phonegap project folder www then tried to run the project (failed)
3. on 3rd time i have copied the specific folder & files from the shopsky and put it to the phonegap project folder www then tried to run the project (failed)
plz suggest me how to convert my e-commerce web app to phonegap apps....
video tutorial will be help a lot or guide me plz....
hear from you soon
Can you describe how it failed?
Attempt 1 will not work at all. You should be able to replace the www folder with your app. Realize that you can not run any server side solutions here within a PhoneGap app (meaning no PHP).
on attempt 1 i deleted every folder that is created when i had created the project except res & spec these 2 folders. then copied all my php files and folders from my web application...
however you already got my point i can't run the server side solutions here within phonegap...but my codes are server side with php...can plz guide me how can i run server side php files with phone gap
how do i connect my web application folder to phone gap app....
some docs will help me but i couldn't find the right doc.
i have a question that if do phone gap can run server side solution or if yes how to run or if no then how could phone gap can fetch new data from any server and update the information.