I have a collection of favorites - spread over quite a few folders on my external drive. I am going on a trip and would like those photos copied to my internal drive so I could do some additional edits. I will be using photoshop on those photos as well - so smart previews won't cut it.
How can I copy those photos to my internal laptop drive - do the edits - and then get them back onto the proper external folder when I get home?
I think I could export as a catalog - and them re-import but is there an easier way?
This is the best way...
1. Select files to work on while traveling.
2. File>Export as a catalog
3. Transfer catalog to Laptop
4. Work on images.
5. Transfer catalog back to Desktop
6. Open Master Catalog
7. File>Import from another catalog and chose your travel catalog.
8. Decide how you want to handle the duplicates.