7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 12:01 PM by deeman2014

Adobe Animate CC (2015) - how can you embed JS into the HTML file as part of publish?

tonyjanks

We need the ability to include all the Javascript inline into the HTML file when using Adobe Animate CC (2015).

Manually updating the HTML and referenced JS file after the publish was a band-aid, but is not really an option as any Animate re-publish tasks will blow those manual changes away.

Is there a way or some option in Animate as part of publishing to include all the Javascript into the published HTML file?

I have searched on this here and the web, and have seen many others ask about this same topic, but have not seen any recent nor formal responses from Adobe.

Thanks in advance.

• 2. Re: Adobe Animate CC (2015) - how can you embed JS into the HTML file as part of publish?
          Nipun Asthana Adobe Employee

There's no built-in way of doing this currently. We're looking at including this option for a future release.

• 3. Re: Adobe Animate CC (2015) - how can you embed JS into the HTML file as part of publish?
            deeman2014 Level 1

Dear Adobe Animate Team,

The ability to insert, include, or place script tags in a composition is critically important.

We develop content for K-12, including STEM courses.

Mathjax is a critically important library to add, to display math symbols, without the bother of creating image files beforehand.

Including the Mathjax library is very helpful.

We were able to do it in Edge Animate, and it worked fairly well.

Not being able to do this upfront, but only as a post-creation step, is untenable.

Also, the pin tool in Edge Animate is very, very helpful, and helped distinguish Edge Animate as a ground-breaking product.

Having such a feature in Animate CC would actually help it earn the name "Animate", in our view. Otherwise, it is just the next version of Flash, with a better HTML export feature.

If neither of these capabilities are provided in the current release, then Animate CC is much less, if not largely, unusable for us.

Hope this user feedback helps.

I will be presenting content developed with Edge Animate in several weeks, to companies and government officials at the pinnacle of US industry and government.

Sadly, I will have to also share that the tool we used to create the content has been discontinued, with no assurance that the tool, Edge Animate, will continue to be available, even if not further enhanced.

We have little need to maintain a Creative Cloud account at all under those conditions. The previous Creative Suite worked well enough.

What was marketed as a benefit for users clearly amounts to a colossal disadvantage for every Edge Animate user.

Animate CC is NOT Edge Animate. It is the next version of Flash, with better HTML exporting.

• 4. Re: Adobe Animate CC (2015) - how can you embed JS into the HTML file as part of publish?
              ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

deeman2014 wrote:

Animate CC is NOT Edge Animate. It is the next version of Flash, with better HTML exporting.

Yes. There was never any question otherwise.

• 5. Re: Adobe Animate CC (2015) - how can you embed JS into the HTML file as part of publish?
                deeman2014 Level 1

Clay wrote:

Yes. There was never any question otherwise.

Firstly, I wrote a lot more than that.

Secondly, what value did your answer bring, exactly?

Thirdly, there was question, hence the myriad of news articles about the name similarity, the differences, and the feature gaps.

Should you respond, kindly don't choose the easiest single sub-statement, unless that is the best you can do.

Then ask yourself - Did it help?

• 6. Re: Adobe Animate CC (2015) - how can you embed JS into the HTML file as part of publish?
                  ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

Ideally, my response disabused you of the notion that renaming Flash to Animate represented anything more or less than the name being changed. There is no need to "earn" this name, no legacy or mantle of responsibility is being assumed. Some Adobe exec just said to change the name, so it got changed.

The fact that many people seem to believe otherwise is just evidence that this name change was, at best, ill-conceived.

Yes, Animate has a lot of room for improvement. But invoking Edge Animate in pursuit of this goal is a pointless distraction, since that is an entirely different product. The two have about as much in common as Java and JavaScript.

• 7. Re: Adobe Animate CC (2015) - how can you embed JS into the HTML file as part of publish?
                    deeman2014 Level 1

Regurgitating what someone says does not in any manner add to the discussion. If you think it does, then I imagine repeating what people themselves already said might be a frequent occurrence around your way.

As for some product manager "just" saying "change" the name, there is clearly more to it than that, I proffer.

In fact, I have shared some of my remarks with some people who were on the product team, and they found them more helpful than you seem to suggest that you did.

As for the Java/Javascript analogy, there is more to it as well.

Since you are opining about two products, with no contribution, or stated wherewithal to do anything about it (not being on the product team), not sure what value you think that you are adding here, regarding the original poster's real life need, or ours.

Absent that...well...