4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2006 8:29 PM by northstar_86

Load movie clip

northstar_86
      Whenever I load a movie clip into the target and test my movie, the loaded movie clip always loads in the bottom right. I think this is a registration error but I am not sure how to fix it. My target is 835px by 635px, same as the movie clip I want to load. Any help would be much appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Load movie clip
          Level 7
          Position the blank movie clip in the top left corner where you want to have
          the external movie clip loaded.

Note that if the external movie clip has dynamic content creation via AS or
          different content size on higher numbered frames you may find it will show
          content to the left and top of the blank movie clip because initial size is
          not detectable. In particular if you are loading Flash movie that you
          created that you used a third party tool such as xCelsius. In this case you
          need to MovieClipLoader and once the onLoadInit event fires, manually
          position the blank movie clip which is passed as an argument for coding
          convenience.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "northstar_86" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e27cer$5i2$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          Whenever I load a movie clip into the target and test my movie, the loaded
          movie clip always loads in the bottom right. I think this is a registration
          error but I am not sure how to fix it. My target is 835px by 635px, same as
          the
          movie clip I want to load. Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2. Re: Load movie clip
            northstar_86 Level 1
            Thank you for the help. I did do that and it worked, but isnt there a way to have the target movie clip at the center of the stage, and the loaded movie clip play at the same location as well?
            • 3. Re: Load movie clip
              Level 7
              From what you are requesting it appears the external swfs are different
              widths and heights.

If so you want to use MovieClipLoader and when the onLoadInit fires you can
              center assuming the objects on first frame of the external swf define the
              true height and width (external swf Stage height and width are irrelevant).

mclListener.onLoadInit = function(target_mc:MovieClip) {
              target_mc._x = (Stage.width - target_mc._width)/2;
              target_mc._y = (Stage.height - target_mc._height)/2;
              };

--
              Lon Hosford
              www.lonhosford.com
              May many happy bits flow your way!
              "northstar_86" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:e28iod$q47$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              Thank you for the help. I did do that and it worked, but isnt there a way to
              have the target movie clip at the center of the stage, and the loaded movie
              clip play at the same location as well?

• 4. Load movie clip
                northstar_86 Level 1
                Thank you