5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 11:19 AM by dewey.dell5

in Adobe Premiere Elements 13, output render freezes on one image , Here, or There, from time to time.

dewey.dell5

Hello Everybody!

I am trying to output render a movie either in MPG2, either in DV Avi

and when i play the result rendered video whatever the format, sometimes it freezes on certain images, sometimes it's here, sometimes there.

Here are the specifications:

source: (3d animations done with Softimage) 75 shots max 40sec min 2sec resulting in 14 min 30 sec Avi Movie PAL Lower Field 720 x 576 non compressed

the animations are perfect, and playing  them on the timeline does not show any freezing.

for an example of the size: a 40 sec shot weighs 1,5 GB

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 13

my Computer is a 2.1 Ghertz Two Processors Windows 8.1 64 bits 32 Gb RAM Graphic Card: NVIDIA Quadro K4000

Thank You if you can help me.

Dewey Dell 5

• 1. Re: in Adobe Premiere Elements 13, output render freezes on one image , Here, or There, from time to time.
          dewey.dell5 Level 1

By "freezing" i mean that the flow of the video gets stuck on one particular image, during 1 second approx., then the flow resumes.

I have, like I said, tried outputing in different MPG2, and a DV Avi.

I just noticed that only in the avi pal 720x576        non compressed           output I did (25Gb), it shows no such "freezing".

and... according to what compression format I do (for example MPG2, or DV Avi),

it freezes at that part of the movie, or at that other part of it.

This lets one to believe the freezing is linked to the compression.

Thank You for help

Dewey Dell 5

• 2. Re: in Adobe Premiere Elements 13, output render freezes on one image , Here, or There, from time to time.
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you saying that the timeline freezes when you try to play the video in Premiere Elements -- or are you saying that playback of the MPEG or AVI you output from your movie freezes when you try to play it on your computer?

BTW, why are you outputting your movie as an MPEG or DV-AVI? You should only do that if you plan to use the video again in another video project.

What do you plan to do with the movie you're outputting from the program? There may be a more efficient format to use.

• 3. Re: in Adobe Premiere Elements 13, output render freezes on one image , Here, or There, from time to time.
              dewey.dell5 Level 1

Hello Steve,

I am publishing a book of poetic writings and graphic images which goes with a (3d animations & music ) DVD.

The movie I am trying to edit with Adobe Premiere Elements 13 is to be outputted into that DVD,

The Publisher, has asked me an avi non compressed : they want the best quality (no compression)  possible to press the DVD at the factory. (1000 DVD)

To be frank I don't understand my Publisher request, because the Non Compressed AVI, the one I told you of 25 Gb that I outputted yesterday and which does NOT freezes at playback,

shows alias, or poor resolution, blurry (?!). That's why I liked to output as MPG2 and with earlier versions of Adobe Premiere Elements the output had been unquestionably excellent in MPG2. Its an easy way to

make the work seen with  a perfect quality. I can also easily burn a DVD and show my work.

What other format were you thinking of as more    efficient    than MPG2? or DV AVI?  These looked  to me to portray universal computer video Professional standards/values? No??

As I have written, its not at the Timeline that they freeze, this is not usual that I cannot output in MPG2 or DV Avi. My computer is new and fast.

Its a rendering, or compression problem, I don't know. Please tell me.

I am grateful for your time solving this issue with me.

Thank You

Best Regards,

Dewey Dell 5

• 4. Re: in Adobe Premiere Elements 13, output render freezes on one image , Here, or There, from time to time.
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, "new and fast" doesn't tell me anything about your computer. Apple MacBook Airs are new and fast -- but you'll go crazy trying to edit any serious video on them.

That said, I agree with you. Uncompressed AVIs are not only an ineffective format for transferring DVD video, but they're also massive in size and hard to transport. But if that's what your client wants, that's what he wants.

Meantime, there's no reason the playback of your finished video should freeze on a reasonably fast computer -- unless you're using a media player that doesn't handle certain files well. And, if you're viewing your videos with Windows Media Player, you're viewing them on a player that doesn't handle certain files well.

Download the excellent, free VLC Media Player, one of the must-have free utilities I recommend in my books on Amazon. It will play nearly any video format and it will play it well.

• 5. Re: in Adobe Premiere Elements 13, output render freezes on one image , Here, or There, from time to time.
                  dewey.dell5 Level 1

That's solved me from loads of trouble. And with this new player the 25 GB avi uncompressed looks more refined than anything.

Thank You!!

Dewey Dell5