Today we're pleased to announce that the next version of AIR is available for immediate download. This release of AIR provides an update to the captive Flash Player plugin included with the SDK and runtime.
Below are some of the key features and benefits of AIR 21. Please see our release notes for full details.
- Media Auto Play for iOS & Android
Starting AIR 21, we are introducing Media Auto Play support for AIR iOS & Android applications. Using this feature, ActionScript developers can enable media auto play inside. To enable this, autoplay should also be enabled in the HTML5 video tag. (More info on HTML5 StageWebView video tag : http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_video.asp).
Please use swf-version 32 or greater and namespace 21.0 or greater to access this feature.
var webView:StageWebView = new StageWebView();
webView.stage = stage;
webView.viewPort = new Rectangle( 0, 0, 400, 300 );
webView.mediaPlaybackRequiresUserAction = false;// To enable autoplay in given web view
- Android StageWebView debugging
- GPU Memory Information In Context3D
When a Context3D object is created, developers allocate memory for various Stage3D structures which includes index buffers, vertex buffers, textures, and programs. Prior to Flash and AIR 21, the only way to verify the memory allocated by the current Context3D is through values displayed by Scout. With the release of Flash Player and AIR 21, a new property of context3D class called "totalGPUMemory" has been introduced which provides the sum of gpu memory used by the index buffers, vertex buffers, textures, and programs created through Context3D.
The total value can be obtained by property "Context3D.totalGPUMemory;".
The value of this property is in bytes and its default value is 0. The information is only provided in direct mode on mobile and in direct and gpu mode on desktop ( On desktop computers, using <renderMode>gpu</renderMode> will fallback to <renderMode>direct</renderMode>). This property can be used when the SWF version is 32 or more .
- AIR Apps created from Version 20 SDK not accepted in MAC App store 
- AIR application quits unexpectedly while creating a Netgroup inside an AS3 worker 
- [iOS] Fails to link ImageIO.framework when targeting iOS (4113460)
- [Android] GPU mode apps crash on devices with Tegra K1 GPU. (4110848)
- Android 6 : Stage3D AIR application fails to return from background (4075177)
- ATF textures (with JPEG Compression) are not rendered properly on MALI GPU. 
- [iOS] Packaging error appears in Flex app having TextField for non-interpretor (e.g. Ipa-app-store) mode on Macintosh (4111322)
- [iOS & Android] Icon files get duplicated when packaging iOS, Android versions (4100164)
- [iOS] Crash when debugging on iOS 7 (4079709)
- [iOS] On compiling empty app using Xcode 7.2 to iOS Simulator in Adobe CC 2015, throws an error. (4103483)
- [iOS] Wrong rotation in IOS 7 (4098845)
- [iOS] Flash Pro doesn't remember the application version number when AIR SDK is changed to 20.0. (4088603)
- [iOS] ld: library not found for -lstdc++ error in Windows 10 while packaging an IPA using -platformsdk flag (4101836)
- [iOS][Win] IPA packaged on Windows machine cannot be submitted to the Apple App store. Error "This build is invalid" occurs in iTunes connect.
- [Android] Read "position" property of the async opened FileStream after writing data from Socket cause application crash (4123440)
- [iOS]Crash if Class used in Main and Background worker is a CustomClass (4068748)
- [WIN10][StageWebView]Some uppercase letters can't be entered in a form input 
AIR 21 runtime for Windows: 188.8.131.52 Runtime Download
AIR 21 runtime for Macintosh: 184.108.40.206 Runtime Download
AIR 21 SDK & Compiler for Windows: 220.127.116.11 SDK & Compiler Download
AIR 21 SDK & Compiler for Macintosh: 18.104.22.168 SDK & Compiler Download
Note: To provide all the all the necessary tools for our developers in one place and avoid having to download multiple components, we are packaging Adobe AIR 21 SDK and ActionScript Compiler 2.0 in a single SDK called “Adobe AIR 20 SDK & Compiler”.
AIR SDK 21 (Compatible with Flex) for Windows: 22.214.171.124 SDK Windows Download
AIR SDK 21 (Compatible with Flex) for Macintosh: 126.96.36.199 SDK Macintosh Download
Previous versions of the AIR runtime and SDK can be found on the Archived AIR SDK and Runtimes page