• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving "Filename too long" when trying to open book in Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I am receiving an error message "Filename too long" when I try to open a book I just obtained from a university library.  Other e-books in the same folder with names of the same length or longer open just fine.  Does anyone have any idea as to what the source of this error might be, and how I can overcome it?

thanks

Jim Power

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if works when you download the File again. If its works not again, contact your Library that should check the file. Then its a error in the eBook itself and can not solved by you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

Thank you for your assistance. However, I found that the problem solved itself. I tried opening the book again, and it opened just fine with no error. Not sure what the problem was, but I can now access the book.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim Power

(PII removed by moderator)

Newspaper headline:

Baby born with mustache

Mother tickled to death

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey I suggest that you try Long Path Tool.

It´s a great tool to to fix the message that say "The specified file or folder name is too long. The URL path for all files and folders must be 260 character..."

I used it and had a good and fast solution to my problem.

Highly recommendable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines