1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 7:47 PM by Mohit Goyal

how get develop presets to show up in lightroom 5 stand alone after moving it to another computer

mw93497406

I am so frustrated right now and if I can not get this problem resolved I will never purchase Lightroom again.  I moved Lightroom 5 from one laptop to another.  Everything migrated over except for the develop presets.  All the presets do show up on my C drive on the new computer but when I actually open Lightroom itself, they are nowhere to be found. 

I have searched the internet trying to find an answer to this problem and nothing works.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program numerous times to no avail.  I have been trying to resolve this for two weeks now and am at the end of my rope.  I have purchased presets from third parties and now I can't use them which is money wasted.  I tired opening each preset folder and copying and pasting the lrtemplate file in the develop module and while that was successful, the order they were in were such a mess I could not find anything.  Yes I did create a new folder to group certain presets in but after creating a folder to move presets into, I could not find that folder anywhere in Lightroom itself.

Once again if I can not get my develop presets to show up in Lightroom I am done with Lightroom forever.  Not only that but I will tell all my friends not to bother with Lightroom at all since one can not move it to a new computer.  I do have friends that are interested in this program but it is pointless to use a program that one can never move to another computer.  I do have another editing program from a different company and I have no problem using that and the free options out there if this problem can not be resolved.  I have the stand alone version-after this I'd be crazy to join the CC, especially since I do not use Photoshop.

• 1. Re: how get develop presets to show up in lightroom 5 stand alone after moving it to another computer
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi mw,

We Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you after the migrate from one PC to another, Well the best way to fix this issue is to copy the complete folder structure and paste it on the new computer to the same location and then check the Lightroom.

Go to the Location : C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Copy all the folders which are under the Lightroom folder and paste it to the external hard drive, then go to the same location on the new machine and replace all the folders from external hard drive under Lightroom folder.

Open Lightroom and check the develop presets.

Regards,

Mohit