0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 3:47 PM by m&mprint

Indesign graphics display issue - low res images and text, transparencies (multiply and drop shadow effects) disappearing

m&mprint Level 1

MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

PROCESSOR: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB

INDESIGN CC 2015.2

I have been having this issue for a while now on multiple computers running the same system and software.

I open a new file (or existing file) and everything is working fine but within minutes the images will appear low res/pixelated and with a colour shift, the text looks like its bitmapped (jagged) and all transparency effects disappear (multiply, gradient effects, drop shadows etc). The files export to PDF correctly and print fine as well but the Indesign layout is a mess.

The only way I have found to "refresh" the screen is to individually move objects around the page and then command Z them to get them back where they were. This will bring back each object to the correct view but within a few minutes the display reverts to the low res pixelated version. Very frustrating when working on large projects.

In Acrobat often a PDF will display with pixelated text at first and then will update its preview to show text correctly. I'm thinking this is some conflict between OS X and CC 2015 graphics processor?

Any ideas?? Attached pics showing the correct view and the pixelated text example, plus a section showing the the drop shadow missing and multiple/gradient effect displaying as a black box.

Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 10.31.52 am.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 10.42.56 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-11 at 10.33.24 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-11 at 10.37.58 am.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-11 at 10.45.05 am.png