2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 9:18 AM by FLS_graphics

Running script without permissions to access Temp folder

FLS_graphics

Hello,

I am running AE CC 2015 (latest version) in Windows 7 and I am attempting to use a script (Easy Arrows) that requires the "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" box be checked in AE's Preferences.

My IT department has stopped executables from running in the temp folder as happens when a script requires the "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" box is checked in the Preferences of After Effects. I was able to use this script successfully before these new policies were rolled out.

I did try running Easy Arrows from the File > Scripts > Run Script File... but that didn't work since AE only looks for .jsx files and not jsxbin files. I did try the "All files" filter when looking for the Easy Arrows jsxbin file. Is there a way to have the scripts look to an alternate directory to execute? The developer has offered to engineer a solution that will work within our policies, but I know I won't get the budget approval for that.

I understand this is an error completely caused by my IT department, but I just need to verify that there isn't another solution other than having them change my local permissions (which they probably won't do).

I just need to verify that After Effects does not have a workaround for this, ie: running scripts from a different location, etc.

Here is the Event Viewer error that is generated when I try and run Easy Arrows:

Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-SoftwareRestrictionPolicies Date: 2/8/2016 3:04:27 PM Event ID: 866 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: ********* (network info not posted for security reasons) ****** Description: Access to C:\Users\ADMINK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\12079161588677770.exe has been restricted by your Administrator by location with policy rule {1faa3246-c85a-4145-880c-7e4da6e76d37} placed on path C:\Users\**********\AppData\Local\*\*.exe. Event Xml: 866 0 3 0 0 0x8000000000000000 18461 ************ C:\Users\ADMINK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\12079161588677770.exe {1FAA3246-C85A-4145-880C-7E4DA6E76D37} C:\Users\**********\AppData\Local\*\*.exe

Thanks for your help, Kenyon