4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 10:15 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Sketch back up issue.

loisjotis

Good morning Sue, or Adobe people, I couldn't get my "sketch"to stop backing up. I tried a force quit and that didn't work. So I finished my work, moved it to my photos, then uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe sketch. This corrected the problem only until I began my next paint project. I did a quick pencil project in between,and had no problems with the backup then, it seems only to be a problem when I do colors or paint. All of this began since the most recent update. My work is not being saved in the access,"creative cloud" either,as I've been checking that regularly. Everything slows way down when this happens. I don't have any other Adobe anything,but really like "sketch", I don't want to have to uninstall this permanently. Please help me figure out what to do. Thanks, Lois

• 1. Re: Sketch back up issue.
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Lois,

I'm sorry for taking so long to respond. Some of the issues you're having with sycing sound to be related to your wifi connection to the Internet. So I have a couple of questions:

* How strong is your wifi connection? Or are you trying to back up the app with a cellular data plan?

* When you say that you're seeing the app "backing up," can you tell me what you're seeing and how you know that's happening? (Are you looking on the app's "Settings" page?)

Let me know. I really don't want you to have trouble drawing or saving your work.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Sketch back up issue.
            loisjotis Level 1

Sue, Thank you for trying to help.

Our service is 7mg.

When I see the backing up, is on the app it self.

If I open it up to draw, then tap at anytime during, before, or after,the "sketch emblem " (where you can find the tutorials, preferences, import projects), right next to that and below my account name it has a backing up that continually spins.

I have installed the free app " Creative Cloud" and as soon as I did so it backed up the drawing I was working on to the point I was at that time. However it has not backed up any more since. Also when I open the creative cloud, and tap on the project it saved.... it tells me to download Adobe Photo Sketch.

I've got to the point where I just work on one project at a time, complete the project, and move it to my photo's for show and tell. Fortunately this is just a hobby or past time for me. I'm just not sure why the app acts like it's backing up continually and yet does not do so, or if it is where are the back ups going?

Plus, yes, I do have some concern as to the "pull" on our service of 7mg.

Thanks again, Lois

Sent from my iPad

• 3. Re: Sketch back up issue.
              loisjotis Level 1

Sue, Today for the first time in a week, my sketch app seems to be working just fine. It has backed up my new drawing into both the creative cloud I down loaded and the assets cloud you told me to check. I however was not drawing anything for two days now. Could the internet speed of 7mg be the problem? Lois

Sent from my iPad

• 4. Re: Sketch back up issue.
                Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Lois,

It's definitely starting to sound like your Internet connection. Do you have somewhere else you can test a different/stronger wifi signal?

Sue.