2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 6:55 PM by Kenneth C. Benson

Autoflow shift key has no effect

Kenneth C. Benson Level 4

Strange problem. I've got what should be about a 250-page document that is right now 4 pages with a whole lot of overset text. I add a 5th page (master has margins, but no text frame), click the out port on page 4, and then shift-click inside the margins on page 5. I get one page, only. And when I press Shift, the icon doesn't change to the autoflow icon. It's like the keyboard isn't working.

But the keyboard is working, because I can type caps (SEE?). Anyway, I tried a different keyboard and get the same results. I reset preferences, restarted the computer. So I tried a different file, and autoflow works just fine. So the problem is with this particular file. So I ran the file through IDML. Still the same.

I really don't want to place a new frame 250 times. Any ideas?

CS6(8.1.0.420), Windows 7

Edit: Add to the strangeness: the out port doesn't show a red plus sign. It's like it doesn't know there's overset text. I ended up making a new file from scratch, copying the text, styles, master pages from the bad file to the new file. The new file autoflowed just fine.