6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 2:44 PM by markw598460

Premiere Elements 14 Crashes when I add a video or photo

markw598460

Premiere Elements 14 Crashes when I add a video or photo to the timeline.  I'm using Windows 7.  Here's the fault report. . .

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 14.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5666c358

Faulting module name: AMocWrapper.dll, version: 14.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5666bf06

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000001c10

Faulting process id: 0x624

Faulting application start time: 0x01d17bf9b9b38267

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 14\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 14\AMocWrapper.dll

Report Id: 054a5418-e7ed-11e5-9cd0-f04da2db2b82

I've tried many of the suggestions I found posted in the forums for similar problems, such as updating my drivers, ensuring that the driver for my video card is up-to-date, uninstall and re-install, etc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Crashes when I add a video or photo
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Have you ensured that any photos you use in your project are less than 2500x1875 pixels in size (72 ppi)?

Which processor do you have and how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the system requirements?

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Crashes when I add a video or photo
            markw598460 Level 1

Thanks for the response Steve.  Unfortunately, I am still having the same error.

I was able to add all of my videos and photos previously.  After tech support helped me fix a problem with the User License Agreement continually popping up, even after I accepted it, I have been unable to add videos or photographs to the timeline.

I am unable to add any of my videos.  I have video from a GoPro 3 Silver, Canon 5D Mark II, iPhone, and point and shoot camera.

I tried to add a really small photograph with 72 ppi and that caused Elements to crash.

As a side note, I found that Elements didn't crash when I added a sound file.  It just seems to crash when I add video and photographs, even to a new movie with no other content.

The processor is an Intel i7.  I have 36 GB of Ram.  I have 100 GB of free space.  I just ran the Disk Defrangementer to see if that would fix the problem.  I have a latest version of Quicktime.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Crashes when I add a video or photo

So you're saying that your photos are no larger than 2500x1875 pixels in size?

Try not to mix media until you get the bugs worked out. What happens if you just add video from your Canon 5D? Make sure your camera is shooting 1920x1080 and is saving your footage as MOV.

Start a new Premiere Elements project and, on the New Project screen, click Settings and select for your settings AVCHD 1920x1080. Then, back at the New Project screen, check Force Settings. Add your MOV footage from the Canon to this project. When you add this footage to your timeline, is there a yellow-orange line along the ticker at the top of the timeline above this video clip?

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Crashes when I add a video or photo
                markw598460 Level 1

Thanks for the additional ideas, Steve.  Unfortunately, the problem persists.

I attempted to add a photograph that was 2000x1333 at 72 ppi and it crashed.

My movies from the Canon were shooting in 1920x1080 at 24 fps. I even tried adding one that was 30 fps.  All the footage is in the MOV format from the Canon.  Premiere Elements was already set at 1920x1080.  I tried this setting with different frame rates to see if that made a difference.  I created new projects and selected the Force Settings option.  For all instances of this problem, Premiere Elements crashes immediately after a photograph or video is added.  The yellow-orange line for pre-rendering and rendering does not appear.  Premiere Elements crashes before the yellow-orange line appears. 

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Crashes when I add a video or photo

You apparently have some instability on your system if adding a single, optimized photograph to a project is crashing the program.

Sorry, but I don't know what advice to offer.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 14 Crashes when I add a video or photo
                    markw598460 Level 1

I contacted Adobe Tech Support and they fixed the problem.  The Catalog folder for Organizer was in "Read-only".  Tech Support gave the folder read and write permission.  I can now add photos and videos.