1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2016 4:25 AM by Just Shoot Me

Got a new computer and can't copy catalog to my USB drive.

cesars1554179

I got a new Dell laptop and have downloaded Lightroom to my new computer. I tried backing up my catalog from my old computer and it says "The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file". I have already tried deleting the lrcat.lock file like Adobe said to do and it did not work. I have no clue what to do! Please help!

• 1. Re: Got a new computer and can't copy catalog to my USB drive.
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Close LR. Open File Explorer (Windows File Manager) or the link to Computer, My Computer, Documents or any other link that will open the Windows File Manager.

Copy the LR Catalog file which is normally located in a subfolder of your username account to the USB drive. Then copy it to your new computer placing it in the same PATH as it came from. You will also need to copy all your image files over or if they are all on an external drive connect that external drive to your new computer. If all your images are on your internal drive then when you copy them over they must also reside in the same PATH as they were on your old computer.