2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2016 2:48 PM by rob day

Double sided facing pages help please.

dmc68

I want to use an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper to make a simple handout. I want it printed on the front, the inside and of course the back. Could someone give me the steps to make this happen. I am new to InDesign so please take that into account.

Thank you very much,

Dave

• 1. Re: Double sided facing pages help please.
          Derek Cross Level 6

Briefly,  for a 4 page leaflet, you need to set up two facing pages with the intent of print. The layout would be pages 4 and 1 on one of them and 2 and 3 for the reverse side. Are you going to print this yourselve on a desk-top printer, if so, do you have a duplex printer or are you going to pass it to a commercial printer?

In either case, work in sRGB color mode, ensure your images are Placed in InDesign and have an effective resolution of around 300PPI. Print from a PDF, not from InDesign.

And get a training book such as InDesign Quick Start Guide and/or take some video tutorials such as those on Lynda.com and TrainSimple.com

• 2. Re: Double sided facing pages help please.
            rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In New Document setup choose Letter-Half as the page size, with Facing pages checked and the Number of Pages as 4. That will give you a cover (page 1), inside spread (page 2-3) and back (page 4).

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 5.36.20 PM.png

Use Print Booklet to print the "printer" spreads on the front and back of a letter sized sheet (4-1, 2-3). Here I have the Print Settings paper size set to 11" X 8.5":

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 5.40.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 5.40.59 PM.png