8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 9:31 AM by ProDesignTools

Difference between Photography plan and Single app plan

anish-harshu Level 1

Hello team,

I want to choose between one of the plans - Photography plan and Single App Plan

I am from India. I have few queries and doubts regarding plans, for which I would like the concern team to kindly respond to each of my query pointwise. That will be very much appreciable.

With photography plan, I see that for 2 Applications, Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC the price is Rs. 499/- per month (paid Annually) only. Whereas if I choose Single App pland and select just one Application which is Photoshop in this case, then the price is Rs. 1000/- per month (Paid Annually)

This is bit confusing for me. For just Rs. 499/- I am getting two apps and for Rs. 1000/- I am getting only one App. Why so.

Is there any other difference, that I am unable to find out. Can someone please suggest me the complete list of differences between these two plans, which is not included in this link - Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

And

2. If I want to choose Photography plan which is currently showing Rs. 499/- per month. And If I want to unsubscribe or discontinue after 2 months, then do I have to pay the fees for 2 months only or for the whole Year or 50% of the total year's price.

3. Similarly, If I discontinue after 7 months, then will I have to pay the price for 7 months (7x499 = 3493) or for whole year.

4. Finally, do I have the option, to cancel the subscription anytime in between, say for about after 2 months or 7 months or so.

5. Will I be able to continue the softwares offline also by downloading them on my computer or laptop or just by connecting online. Can I use the app on my mobile also with photography plan. I mean is there any mobile app also that will be given free to use after purchasing Photography plan.

6. Can I download and install the apps on multiple desktop and laptops also. Or atleast one desktop and one laptop.

7. Will I get updates free for Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC after purchasing Photography plan for one year, and free of cost.

8. What sort of support will I have once I purchase photography plan. Will I get phone, chat and support ticket or email sort of support or any one of these.

Your kind and favourable response is appreciable.

Regards

• 1. Re: Difference between Photography plan and Single app plan
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is bit confusing for me. For just Rs. 499/- I am getting two apps and for Rs. 1000/- I am getting only one App. Why so.

Is there any other difference, that I am unable to find out. Can someone please suggest me the complete list of differences between these two plans, which is not included in this link - Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

I believe part of the difference is that the Photoshop version for the Photography Plan has less functionality than the normal version.

And

2. If I want to choose Photography plan which is currently showing Rs. 499/- per month. And If I want to unsubscribe or discontinue after 2 months, then do I have to pay the fees for 2 months only or for the whole Year or 50% of the total year's price.

3. Similarly, If I discontinue after 7 months, then will I have to pay the price for 7 months (7x499 = 3493) or for whole year.

The penalty fee in all cases for early termination of a subscription is currently 50% of the remaining cost of the subscription.  If you quit after 2 month you pay the cost of 5 the 10 months remaining.  If you quit at 7 months you pay the cost of 2.5 months of the 5 months remaining

4. Finally, do I have the option, to cancel the subscription anytime in between, say for about after 2 months or 7 months or so.

You can cancel anytime you like, but you will pay the penalty fee for doing so.

5. Will I be able to continue the softwares offline also by downloading them on my computer or laptop or just by connecting online. Can I use the app on my mobile also with photography plan. I mean is there any mobile app also that will be given free to use after purchasing Photography plan.

The subscription software can be used offline but periodically you must be connected to the internet in order for the subscription status to be verified.  You need mobile apps for mobile devices... if the plan does not indicate they are included then they are probably not.

6. Can I download and install the apps on multiple desktop and laptops also. Or atleast one desktop and one laptop.

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of those machines you can only have two of them signed in for use at a time.  Of those two machines, you can only be using the subscription on one of them at a time.

7. Will I get updates free for Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC after purchasing Photography plan for one year, and free of cost.

You get updates for whatever Cloud applications you have on a continuous basis, as they are released as long as you maintain an active subscription.  When you stop paying for the subscription, it stops being active and you get no more updates.

8. What sort of support will I have once I purchase photography plan. Will I get phone, chat and support ticket or email sort of support or any one of these.

You have a variety of options for support, inlcuding telephione, chat, and these forums.  There is no email support provided by Adobe unless you manage to arrange that with one specific person for a specific issue.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Difference between Photography plan and Single app plan
            anish-harshu Level 1

Hello Ned,

Thanks for answering my queries pointwise. That really helped me a lot.

But, in your answer for 1st point you suggested that "I believe part of the difference is that the Photoshop version for the Photography Plan has less functionality than the normal version"

And in your answer in point 7 you suggested that one will get updates if maintain an active subscription.

So how can in the photography version there could be less functionality in the softwares like Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC

Also, as i asked earlier also - Is there any other difference, that I am unable to find out. Can someone please suggest me the complete list of differences between these two plans, which is not included in this link - Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Regards

• 3. Re: Difference between Photography plan and Single app plan

They can have different functionality because make them have different functionality.

What problem do you have with my indicating you will get updates?... that is one of the basic features of the CC plans - as long as you subscribe you get the latest updates for the programs you subscribe to.  You stop subscribing you lose the use of the software, and the updates that come with it.

• 4. Re: Difference between Photography plan and Single app plan
                John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

anish-harshu wrote:

Is there any other difference, that I am unable to find out. Can someone please suggest me the complete list of differences between these two plans

See Differences between Photoshop and Creative Cloud Photography Programs

The Photoshop Photography Program mentioned in the article was an older plan which is no longer available. It was superseded by the Creative Cloud Photography Program.

• 5. Re: Difference between Photography plan and Single app plan
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am not aware of any difference in Photoshop CC program functionality between the Photography Plan that also includes LR and the Single-App plan.   There are differences in auxiliary services like the cloud storage size, yes, but that doesn't restrict what you can do in the program, itself.

If the OP is just wanting to use just PS, perhaps in conjunction with LR, then the Photography Plan is the way to go.

The obvious question is if PS is the same, why is it cheaper with the Photography Plan, there must be some limitation, somewhere.  It's the cloud storage, primarily.

The main reason the Photography Plan is cheaper is that it's priced for a different market:

There is the full suite for US$50/month.

There is the single-app price of US$20/month, so a full suite is cheaper if you need more than two apps.

There is the PS+LR Photography Plan pricing for US$10/month, half the price of PS, but for users that primarily use the much cheaper Lightroom product but occasionally use Photoshop and can't afford the single-app or full-suite pricing.

The full-suite and single-app pricing is primarily for businesses and contractors who continuously make their money off the use of Adobe products.  Business pricing is typically higher than consumer pricing.

The Photography Plan is for photographers with a more intermittent revenue stream and photo-hobbyists are aren't making any money off of Adobe products and may have only ever paid US$80/18-months for LR upgrades and maybe upgraded their Photoshop every 3 years for US$200.   Adobe's Photography Plan pricing is more in line with this level of expenditure.

Adobe could offer a non-CC plan for Lightroom and Photoshop at the cheaper price point but they benefit by having CC subscribers, even if they aren't paying as much as single-app or double-app pricing.  This is because Adobe's stock price rises and falls with the number of CC subscriptions and their revenue is also more consistent.

• 6. Re: Difference between Photography plan and Single app plan

Since I use neither of the plans/products I can only rely on hearsay when it comes to knowing what makes one pan different from another.  If they are indeed the same product I will refrain from reporting as I have been.

If the extra $10 is for Cloud storage, I am glad I don't have to pay for a subscription.  That they are charging that much just for storage makes one wish for the option to go without it entirely for any of their plans.  I have next to no use for Cloud storage and I would guess a lot of professionals would prefer to do without it... 2 vs 20 GB is nothing that couldn't be readily available for alot less money just thru buying one's own external disk, or even using the main disk of any machine on a network.

Maybe more of the extra cost really grows from the Free versus Portfoilio Typekit plans that comes with them.  Font collections can be pricey.

• 7. Re: Difference between Photography plan and Single app plan
                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I used the Photography Plan for more than a year but now have the Full Suite and Photoshop seems the same.

The functional difference is the cloud storage.

The price difference is more about the market they're selling to.  It's like DVD regions.  DVDs, themselves, cost little to make, but they are sold at different prices in different areas of the world based consumers ability to pay, and enforced by the DVD region code scheme.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Difference between Photography plan and Single app plan
                        ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Ned Murphy wrote:

Maybe more of the extra cost really grows from the Free versus Portfoilio Typekit plans that comes with them.  Font collections can be pricey.

Yes, per the link/table that John posted above, the Typekit Portfolio plan normally goes for US$50/year by itself.

That – as well as Creative Cloud Market and the higher level of storage – are not included in the lower-cost CC Photography plan.

But the functionality of the Photoshop CC application itself remains the same either way.