4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 10:53 AM by Joephoto114

I can no longer access a plug in, Nik Software. How do I fix this?

donnae38927505

I can no longer access a plug in, Nik Software. How do I fix this?

• 1. Re: I can no longer access a plug in, Nik Software. How do I fix this?
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi DonnaEdman,

All the plugins are greyed-out, have you tried reinstalling the Nik Collection.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: I can no longer access a plug in, Nik Software. How do I fix this?
            Vahleru

All mine are greyed out and I have reinstalled the Nik collection three different times.  I never had this issue until I purchased a new laptop and downloaded LR CC again.  Please advise thanks.

• 3. Re: I can no longer access a plug in, Nik Software. How do I fix this?
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

A similar post is here-

Nik Collection

Below I paste a copy of my notes on Nik installs-

NIK SOLUTIONS

Question.  Just downloaded the now free Nik package of plug-ins from Google. For some reason they do not show up in the LR6 plug-in manager but I do see them in PS CC. Any idea why this might be and how I can correct so I can access in LR6. Am running both LR and PS on a Mac with OS 10.11. Many thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Answer.  The Nik collection are not "plug-ins" in the Lightroom sense, but external editors. If you right click on an image and choose "edit in" from the pop up menu you should see them listed there.

Question.  FWIW, I could not get the NIK collection to show in the Edit in menu. LR CC 2015, Win 10. I had to create Presets for each one.

Answer.  Do you have your preferences set to store presets with the catalog? If so, try unchecking that option and see if the NIK programs show up in the “Edit in” menu after doing so.
                If they do and you intend to keep using them for an extended period you might want to copy your presets back from the catalog to their default location. If you’re just trying them out then the presets you’ve created should be good enough.

A link to the support pages in my last post, is...

Plug-ins do not appear in Lightroom after installing - Nik Collection Help

If a Re-install does not work, then you can manually add them to LR by the "External Editing" tab in the Preferences under "Additional External Editors".

Click the [Choose] button, find each NIK app (in Windows they will probably be in {Program Files\Google\Nik\.....exe}, then click the Preset box drop-menu and "Save current settings as new preset"

All Nik modules can be used from the "Edit in" menu except HDR Pro which I believe should install as a plug-in.

Also make sure that the "Store presets with this catalog" option in the "Presets" tab of the preferences is unchecked. Otherwise the Nik Plugins will not be available when you select "Edit in" (Analog Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, Dfine, Sharpener Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza).

1 person found this helpful