Using Lightroom 2015 CC on a PC (Win 10), when I go to use Nik Software using right click in Develop Mod and bringing up Edit In, it brings up two copies of each Nik Software (i.e. Color Efecs Pro) and won't load up either in Lightroom. It makes a new copy but the Nik Software does not work. I've uninstalled both the Nik and LR CC and reloaded and no change. Help PLease.
To remove the 'duplicate' entries from the list of presets-
1. Open Preferences/External Editing/Additional External Editors
2. Select the plugin (to be removed) from the Preset Drop-down menu.
3. ONCE AGAIN open the Drop-down box menu but this time choose 'Delete Preset......'
4. Repeat the procedure for other presets not wanted.
If any preset does not work-
1. Remove it as above and-
2. Re-list the preset in the Preferences/External Editing dialog- (Re-installing the NIK Program may NOT be necessary!)
Re-List can be done manually with the [Choose] button and finding the NIKProgram.exe file in the Programs folder in a location something like-
C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection 2015\Nik Collection\Silver Efex Pro 2\Silver Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit).exe
Again it is not logical, but you need to 'Choose' the NIK Program, then select the Preset Drop-down a second time to "Save Current Settings as New Preset".