3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 10:38 AM by johnrellis

Lens Profiles Gone After the latest update to Lightroom CC 2015.5

dwveale

After the latest update to Lightroom CC 2015, almost all lens profiles have disappeared. Very limited and none of mine are listed. Most of mine are common.

• 1. Re: Lens Profiles Gone
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

RAW format photos have lens profiles.  Non-RAW photos don’t.

What filetype is your currently selected photo?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lens Profiles Gone
            kevinlisota Level 1

dwveale is correct. The latest update has hosed Lightroom's ability to read and display lens data. I use a set of Nikon bodies and lenses that are all in the previous database, and all extremely common/modern lenses.

Now what happens when I import a photo (regardless of JPG or NEF), the following happens:

1) the lens field does not show up on the Library module.

2) Lens model does not display using the information overlay

3) Searching by lens profile in the metadata search just says "unknown lens"

In addition, you can apply lens profile corrections to both JPG and RAW files. If you did in-camera distortion control for a JPG, the profile correction basically does nothing. However, if you didn't it will make distortion corrections.

This is crippling my library, particularly the ability to display lens model and search by lens type. Anyone know of a fix, or do we have to roll back a version?

• 3. Re: Lens Profiles Gone After the latest update to Lightroom CC 2015.5
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
              The latest update has hosed Lightroom's ability to read and display lens data.

Please add your vote and details about your issue (including camera make and model) to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Lens metadata field missing on import | Photoshop Family Customer Community. Adobe has acknowledged the problem, but every vote makes it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix.