Can you share the following details:
1. Which OS you are running on.
2. Which player you are installing i.e. Activex/NPAPI/PPAPI.
3. What type of player you are using .pkg/.dmg in case of MAC and .exe or .msi in case of windows.
4. What version of the flash player is installed which you are trying to uninstall.
5. The file you are using to uninstall silently.
Are you using Windows or Mac? The -uninstall command only works on Windows.
If you're using Windows, please provide the following:
- Are you using the uninstaller EXE to uninstall or some other file? What is the exact command argument you are using to run the uninstaller?
- Proving a FlashInstall.log file from an impacted system is also beneficial. The file is saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. On a 64-bit OS there is another FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash. Both files are required from a 64-bit OS. Upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at The specified item was not found. or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require log-in access. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.
1. Windows 7 32-bit OS
2. Both ActiveX and PPAPI
3. I was running the uninstall.exe embedded in a vbs script.
4. Adobe Flash Player ver 220.127.116.11. I did not face any issue using when uninstalling previous versions of Flash Player
5. uninstall.exe downloaded from Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
I tested silent uninstall for all activex, NPAPI and PPAPI. It is working fine for 21.0.182.
Are you running the vbs script as admin?
Could you please share the FlashInstall.log file. The file is saved at the following location:
Hi Ridhin, Maria,
I tried running as admin, as well as System by using PSexec.
When running uninstall vbs script, a dialog box popped out:
The FlashInstall.log as below:
016-3-15+6-36-8.555 [error] 1226 1062
=O====== M/18.104.22.168 2016-03-15+06-35-24.527 ========
0000 [I] 00000010 "C:\Users\KATHER~1.NUI\AppData\Local\Temp\InstallPlugin_21_0_0_182.exe" -install -msi -prev 0
0001 [W] 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/PlayerPath 2
0002 [W] 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin/Version 2
0003 [I] 00000020 C:\Windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
0004 [W] 00001037 SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer/ 2
0005 [W] 00001037 SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player NPAPI/ 2
0006 [W] 00001037 SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player Plugin/ 2
0007 [W] 00001036 Software\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions/Plugins 2
0008 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Last CommandLine 2
0009 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Last CommandLine 2
0010 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Plugin Path 2
0011 [W] 00001036 Software\Opera Software/Plugin Path 2
0012 [I] 00000014
0013 [I] 00000015 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_21_0_0_182_Plugin.exe
0014 [I] 00000024 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\plugin.vch
0015 [I] 00000017 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
0016 [I] 00000022 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_21_0_0_182.exe
0017 [I] 00000019 C:\Windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
0018 [W] 00001024 C:\Windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl 183
0019 [W] 00001024 C:\Windows\system32\FlashPlayerApp.exe 183
0020 [I] 00000021 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
0021 [W] 00001106
0022 [W] 00001106
0023 [W] 00001024 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe 183
0024 [I] 00000012
=X====== M/22.214.171.124 2016-03-15+06-36-09.788 ========
Thank you so much.
The dialogue box in the image will only pop up if you are not executing the command with administrator privileges.
Try out the following:
1.run command prompt as administrator.
2.Execute the command uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall.
If the above works fine then your script is unable to execute the command as admin.
What is the exact command-line argument you have in your vbs script? There weren't any significant changes in the uninstaller from the previous version to the current version of the uninstaller (just adding MSI GUIDs for the MSI installer, which happens with every single release). Where there any other changes to your vbs script from the previous version to the current version?
the log file output you posted doesn't contain any uninstall attempt. Is that the contents of the entire FlashInstall.log file? If not, please provide the entire contents. If it's fairly large, upload it to cloud.acrobat.com as per my previous request.