4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 12:58 PM by clauderozsa

tracking problem

clauderozsa Level 1

Good morning,

I have a problem which I cant solve; in the attached clip I want the bench to keep on the floor by the lighted wallnear the right pillar. I tried to used the 3D Camera tracking mode which I used in other instances and for some reason it does not work here and my bench keeps floating around instead of staying at its original place. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing here and to solve the problem.

Actually I used this method.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiemS_DLKF4 It worked with  one torche set in the forefront of shot on the upper right side wall, and the brazier set on the floor in the right corner just before the illuminated part of the wall where I wish to have the bench posed.

One thing is for sure, I could not find tracking points marker flat on the ground near the position I want to set up my bench. Could that be the reason for my failure?  If so do I have another solution to the problem and which.

Thanks in advance

Claude

• 1. Re: tracking problem
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You might be able to get away with a 2d track using Mocha for that. There seems to be plenty of detail in that area.

See if this gives you any ideas: VIDEO COPILOT | Magic Tracking

• 2. Re: tracking problem
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would use camera tracking and set the shot type to zoom. If you can't get a decent camera track using Camera Tracker you'll have to go through a complicated process of planar tracking in Mocha. There are excellent community resources for Camera tracking available by simply typing Camera Tracking in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and following the links.

• 3. Re: tracking problem
              clauderozsa Level 1

Thanks Mickael and Rick, I'll check that. I think I tried the zoom option without success especially as my clip is done using my zoom. The tunnel was closed to the public because of restorations. I'll try it again. I'll keep you posted with my results.

Claude

• 4. Re: tracking problem
                clauderozsa Level 1

Tell me Michael, do you know if the presets which Andrew Kramer refers to in his tutorial are compatible with AE 2014 and 2015 and Mochas Plus latest version. I'm a bit lost in Mocha Plus because there seems to have been many changes in the UI since the version of Mocha used by Andrew is 5 years old! The corner pin method shown in the tutorial would enable me also to set at the same time my gladiator who sits on the bench so if it worked It would make a lot of difference for my work..