• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll the prototype?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very useful to be able to create designs bigger than the prototype window and scroll them...

...which leads onto creating fixed objects

...which leads onto creating master objects - that appear on each design

But nice starter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sure that scrolling would be on the roadmap. As you say, nice start though for sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrollable content is indeed coming. The team is working on this now. Can you tell us a bit about your use case for what you are building and what you want to scroll? This will help us understand all the use case to ensure that we cover them.

Thanks!

Joan Lafferty

Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joan,

I'm looking at this to prototype a couple of projects - which both have multiple repeating parts to the design.

• It would be useful to be able to scroll a repeat grid, because - lets face it repeating grids of items are rarely less than one page long.
  • Also if I had a mobile side-menu I might have to scroll that (think a bit like the Facebook friends list on a mobile)

But then if I have items that scroll I'd really like to anchor a grouped heading to the top of the page

And if I have a header bar then I think it would make sense to make that a master item

Thanks

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can comment on this feature request with your feedback and vote for it.

Scroll – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joan,

Here is some feedback which I feel needs to be added in the Roadmap for Adobe XD.

Some really important features are missing.

I saw someone mention scrolling, which I feel is important, but I'd also like to show the button states when tapped on as well as selecting individual hot spots to connect to. I don't want just the entire screen to be tapped on, but individual elements on the screen. Also, you need to take into consideration that all apps won't fly in from left to right. Right now you have entire screens coming in including the header, which makes it look tacky. I would only want the main screen to change and have specific pieces locked in place. Also, you have to think while apps normally come in from left to right you have other abilities to do things such as open cards within apps. There should be more options than just slide in from left, right, up, down, dissolve. There should be functionalities and interactivity within screens ex. the menu swiping up from bottom of a iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I believe that everything you are asking for will be covered when we tackle microinteractions which you can vote on here: Animation Support (microinteractions) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

This screen to screen animation is just the first cut for prototyping and we plan to do more to make richer experiences.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I also think its one of the most important to have the layout scrollable.

A mobile web layout (maybe onepager) doesn't  end at the bottom of the display. Now I can not really design a page with whole content and send it to the customer. Makes it a little bit useless at this stat
also missing: individual Edit of Line height for Text. That's also an very important thing for Layouts.

But nice starter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikolai,

Thank you for using XD, and also sorry to hear there are things that are are missing.

For mobile web layout,  we already started implementing this feature:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869166-scrollabl...

so, hopefully, you could use this in your workflow when it becomes available.

When there is a feature you want to see XD have, I would like to ask you to go https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

and submit a feature request as well.

Thank you,

-Karl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently building an smartphone app for a school project. And as part of it I would love to be able to scroll down a list of posts within the same artboard however keeping the same phone screen size. So in preview mode it keeps the size of the screen, yet you are able to scroll down to reveal the rest of the items.

I am also trying to make a menu button for each page, which when clicked brings up a set of buttons and background blurs out with an exit button. However If I want to do this I have to create a seperate artboard with the blur and buttons with the button being set to reveal each individual page I put it on, simply not closing.

So I guess having the option to overlay another art board and then with the closing feature automatically going back to the page it was already on? Same thing with web and tablet etc. A scrolling option and overlay with whatever on it that can be then closed to reveal the existing page.

Hopefully that makes sense. It is such a wicked tool even with some of these features missing. Bright future ahead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Whoosha29-

You can actually already create artboards that scroll - check out this help doc explaining how you can do it:

Use artboards in Adobe Experience Design

However, having the type of animation control you're talking about is still in the backlog. It's on our roadmap for sure! You can add your voice to the request here:

Animation Support (microinteractions) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work. I tried expanding the artboard. I tried expanding the repeated grid. It does not work. This is UX 101. Scrolling that is intuitive is a must. It is important to be able to vertically scroll especially on mobile devices since this is a functionality that is used more than 90% on a mobile device. I should be able to click Prototpye, play, and scroll the repeat grid. The scrolling should also be mandatory for horizontal, but that can be hacked as a slider.  I am very disappointed that Adobe XD team did not make this a priority in the preview version and a must have before releasing the beta since this is a very basic functionality in product design.  5 months have past and this is still not working. I had to move back to Invision App which has its limitations but basic UX functionality is not one of them, except horizontal scrolling.

Version: Beta 0.5.16.16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi keeyaw75817104​-

Sorry you're having difficulty getting this to work! First of all, we do support vertical scroll. Here's a page that might help you get started:

We've made some adjustments in our September release (coming soon!) that will make this process even easier.

Secondly, we're looking at horizontal scroll as a possible feature. You should upvote here and share your thoughts. We're trying to prioritize all of the "must have" features, and your input is important in helping us to decide what to put in.

Carousel / Side-scroll – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Also, please remember that we're still Preview (beta) software, which means that the product isn't yet finished. It's part of the reason it's free at the moment. We're looking for early feedback, and we totally understand that it might not be ready yet for production work.

Cheers,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response Elaine! I've been on the Use artboards in Adobe Experience Design site before I sent my complaint in last Friday.

Even with following the directions on the post/article the vertical scrolling doesn't work which triggered frustration to write on this forum.

My company decided to stick with Invision App until Adobe releases the next iteration of Adobe XD with scrolling in both directions and hopefully it is as easy as adjusting the length and width of the scrollable canvas with the repetitive grid.

We heart Adobe, but sorely disappointed that this was not a feature that is easy to use. We look forward to the next release.

Have a good rest of your day.

Cheers,
KeeyaWJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey keeyaw75817104​-

You're not going to have to wait for long on the next release - we're expecting a drop of our September release this week. We're constantly trying to improve our experience, so hopefully the new version will be easier to use. Please do feel free to reach out after you try out the new version and let us know what you think; we'd love to hear if it works better for you.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely! I will reach back! As a product designer, I feel obligated and it's natural for me to do so. I look forward to testing the new release. Cheers!

-Keeya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Keeya. I've mostly completed the research into how scrollable areas will work. It's just a matter of building this now, but, we have a large backlog of things to do. But, scrollable content is still high on our list.

joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The common use case is there is long screen with various attributes of information and in order to let user see through all of it, we need scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @mashookt13256697-

You can already create scrolling artboards by vertically extending a preset artboard type.

You can check out the "create scrolling artboards" section to learn how to make this happen. Hope this helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building a mockup of an admin interface. I have a drop down menu, but would like to make the scroll live during the live viewing when shared to the client. When will this become available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Molly,

Unfortunately, we sometimes shift priorities and things get pushed out. I currently don't have a timeline for scrollable areas although it is still very much on our roadmap.

joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to throw in my vote for getting scrollable areas in the live prototype. Limiting the area to a single screen for mobile with no scrolling is very, well, limiting which makes explorations difficult (at least without animations like live-collapsible accordions). Accurate spatial representation is extremely important in prototypes obviously and it'd be great to achieve that at the prototype stage (which would really save a lot of development effort later).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be nice to have it like the on Adobe DPS paste in a new blok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the ability to demonstrate scrolling in relationship to any fixed elements that do not scroll would be great. Either it be a header bar fixed to the top or a floating object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great. Thanks for the feedback, I think we will have you covered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines