24 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2016 2:07 AM by Tim Froling

Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy

me11101238

So it appear Adobe has decided not to honor the accounts of those of us who had VIP membership with DollarPhoto.? I had 7.5 months left and Adobe is refusing to honor that or reimburse the money.

That is some customer service there ya got.You are essentially violating the service contract of those us who paid you for DPS services.  Nor is this mentioned in the FAQ about any of this.

There are ways to deal with legacy customers. This is not even close!

• 1. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
          Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi there

I can see that 159 image credits have been migrated to your Stock account.

If you have further questions about the migration please contact DPC customer support - Dollar Photo Club - high quality royalty free stock photos and vectors - Dollar Photo Club

Thanks

Bev

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
            me11101238 Level 1

I had those accumulated credits on DollarPhoto. Of course they are being carried over.

What you are not honoring is the annual MEMBERSHIP I paid for that has 8 months left on it.

The only answer I am getting from the sales email on my invoice is simply saying that you are not honoring those contracts that you made. So either honor it by applying the balance to the monthly Adobe charge that we suddenly have or refund our money.

When you acquire a company, it's standard operating procedure to honor the contracts for hardware, software of services with the customers that come with the acquisition. Why aren't you?????

• 3. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy

Hi there

Please contact DPC using this form and they will be able to advise further - Dollar Photo Club - high quality royalty free stock photos and vectors - Dollar Photo Club

Thanks

Bev

• 4. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                me11101238 Level 1

I did contact DPS and they say that the contract will not be honored with no explanation and no return email to explain why beyond just a refusal.

Now, Adobe acquired DPS and its parent company. Therefore, this problem is your problem as the new owner.

Again, either credit the amounts owed to those of us transferred over to Adobe Stock or return the balance, Adobe=DPS. You need to honor these commitments that were made in good faith by customer that are now yours. Seems to simple to me!

• 5. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy

I'll check this out with the DPC team & ask them to follow up with you.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards

Bev

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                    me11101238 Level 1

This is their response:

No refund will be applied. I want to inform you that No purchase of any kind is required when you transfer your unused Downloads to Adobe,
                    However, if you do purchase, DPC members transferring into Adobe Stock will be offered a special bridge offer of (10 images per month for $9.99/m) valid for the first year, before renewal at normal rate ($29.99/m) year two.

Kind regards,

-Will
                    Dollar Photo Club Customer Service

And mine:

This not acceptable. I paid for those unused downloads by my monthly membership. Of course they should transfer. Basically, I have the same deal that I had with you with Adobe except that you are NOT reimbursing what I have already paid for an annual membership and now I will be charged from your “bridge offer” on a monthly basis. So you have stolen my money and are ripping me and anyone else that trusted ????? If Adobe acquired your company, which it has, a real “bridge offer” would honor the existing agreements with your customers and either apply the balance or reimburse it instead of stealing it!!!!!

You owe me the balance, you don’t just get to decide to rip off your users like this. Customers are protected by consumer laws and you are breaking them. Acquisition does not preempt this responsibility to your customers, either DPS or Adobe!

And now:

So Adobe, what do you intend to do about this situation??? Continue to rip off the annual subscribed DPS customers? I thought with such a large, recognized company that you would not treat customers this way??

• 7. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                      me11101238 Level 1

And more refusal from DP

This is my response:

Oh, You’re letting me keep what I have already purchased? Oh, how generous of you.

You are not terminating a business. Dollar Photo has been acquired. This means that Adobe has also acquired existing customers with contracts that where created with DP. Those are still binding and in effect until expiration.

You don’t just get to say, oh sorry, we just not going to honor a contract with you that you have paid in full. That is not how consumer law works. It’s designed to protect people from garbage like this.

By these emails, you are acknowledging that contractual agreement and you are saying that you will not honor that.

By trying to transfer people over to Adobe Stock you are also acknowledging that relationship at the same time with your “special deal”. You are just writing off our existing memberships. This is not acceptable. I want my money returned!

How about a response, Adobe? Where is you acquisition team in all this? This is how you choose to treat customers????

• 8. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy

Hi there

Will arrange for the team to contact you again to discuss your case.

Thanks

Bev

• 9. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                          me11101238 Level 1

This is not just about me. Someone else posted about this on this board, asking if thus " bridging offer" would kick in when her annual membership with DP ended. Obviously not!

This should be a policy that was in place before you announced this mess on DP. This is about anyone that paid for an annual VIP membership in good faith and is now being told, tough luck. Letting us keep any and all downloads we have accumulated and paid for should be a no-brainer instead of limiting the amount Transferring the balance of the membership we paid for to Adobe Stock SHOULD be the other no-brainer.

Even as a marketing strategy this makes sense. Voila, instant customers who may continue with you instead of people who are royally pissed off at being robbed.

• 10. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                            Mirtika Level 1

Thank you for voicing what a lot of us have been thinking. Those of us who prepaid the year did so in the good faith the business would continue. If they already knew --as they must have--at the end of last year when I renewed that they were gonna close shop, then they took my money in bad faith. I wouldn't be surprised if a class action suit were not justified.
                            Now, let me see--I can transfer 124 credits to Adobe without commitment, yes? (I'm afraid the email that was sent to me was woefully unhelpful in clarification). We do not have to sign up for Adobe Stock at 9.99 per month, yes? We have a year to use up transferred stock without having to pay Adobe? Because, honestly, with 124 credits, I do not need 10 more per month.

Bev, can you clarify what's going on with these discussions and responsibilities/obligations per transfer?

• 11. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                              Mirtika Level 1

Quote: This not acceptable. I paid for those unused downloads by my monthly membership. Of course they should transfer. Basically, I have the same deal that I had with you with Adobe except that you are NOT reimbursing what I have already paid for an annual membership and now I will be charged from your “bridge offer” on a monthly basis. So you have stolen my money and are ripping me and anyone else that trusted ????? If Adobe acquired your company, which it has, a real “bridge offer” would honor the existing agreements with your customers and either apply the balance or reimburse it instead of stealing it!!!!!

Precisely. If ADobe has taken over DPC, then my annual prepayment should allow me to have til the end of that year's period to use up my 124 credits. I should not have to sign on for anything...I simply transfer membership--prepaid--to Adobe, since they got my money already. Trust me, if I had known this would happen, I would have thought twice about renewing annually with an uncertain future. I have a Photoshop membership, and I don't mind at all having an Adobe transfer, but I do mind not honoring the contract that was accepted when Adobe was already connected with DPC.  Why should I pay $10 a month to use stock I prepaid? How is this proper business practice?

• 12. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                Mirtika Level 1

I'll add that the original email I got early in March said we had until MAY 15 to download our files. That was reduced by a month --which makes a huge difference to those of us with a lot of prepaid downloads.

If we're allowed to transfer FOR FREE, no obligation, and have those downloads for ONE YEAR--then fine, that's fair. It might be me misunderstanding, since I see all these folks saying they are being billed 9.99 per month. If there is no additional expense, I keep my 124 downloads, and I just download them from Adobe--I have no complaints. Other than telling me a couple weeks ago I had until May 15 and now it's April 15th. That's a little whiplashy for customers.

• 13. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy

Hi Mirtika

Please check the FAQ for information - Dollar Photo Club - high quality royalty free stock photos and vectors - Dollar Photo Club

You can transfer your unused downloads to Adobe Stock and they will be valid for 1 year

You don't need to sign up for an Adobe Stock subscription

Thanks

Bev

• 14. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                    janm30831080

i've had a similar bad experience with this issue.  I contacted adobe via chat and they kept me waiting for OVER AN HOUR.  they finally told me that they will not honor the $9.99 plan.

i am very unhappy and will be searching elsewhere for my images.

good luck to you.  i hope you have satisfactory results.

jan

• 15. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy

Hi Jan

I responded to your other post about the same thing - Re: Dollar Photo Club $10 a month Plan did not work.

DPC support would be the right team to help you get the special offer, rather than Adobe support.

Thanks

Bev

• 16. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                        janm30831080 Level 1

My posts were not an effort to get a response from adobe . 

Only to share my bad experience with your customer service department.

I can see that I am not the only one who had a bad experience.

And you are obviously unwilling to accommodate your original offer.

Jan Moran

Ovasco Industries

(502) 584-2219

(800) 522-2484

• 17. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy

Hi Jan

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with our customer service department.  DPC support can help you with the original offer.

Regards

Bev

• 18. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                            Mirtika Level 1

If ADobe acquired DPC, and the offer is an offer for Adobe stock at 9.99, I simply do not understand why Adobe cannot just say, "Oh, sorry for the inconvenience. We will immediately apply the 9.99 offer to your account."  It makes no sense that whomever they contact--Adobe or DPC--isn't able to handle this.

• 19. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                              me11101238 Level 1

This is not a true migration of accounts from Dollar Photo, Basically this has been a very poorly handled acquisition that does snot seem to respect the existing customers to much of any extent. Basically you get your downloads and that is it. What it should include is a continuation of your membership in DP  to Adobe Stock for whatever length of time you had remaining and your downloads. To retain membership, it would have been a nice perk to offer an extension of the membership for how absolutely poorly this has been handled from heavy handed emails, and  crappy customer service to distribution of bogus information in FAQS. By now ADobe should be seeing how much of a mess they made of this just from this thread alone.  But....obviously that is not going to happen because they don't have to and obviously the customer is not important enough for this large software company.. You know, this really would not have much of a cost for Adobe to have done this with some generosity and class. But no......

• 20. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                                rgibbs001 Level 2

Hey Jan, same here, I argued this for almost an hour too. I also had emails back and forth with DPC. I feel entirely misled by Adobe and DPC, we were given two weeks notice to move our accounts and at no point did Adobe or DPC warn us that "migration" was simply a transfer of credits, that unexpired months would not be honoured and that our DPC accounts would be irrevocably deleted at the point of transfer, which means I've lost images that I'd previously purchased with DPC but not yet downloaded and collections which I'd spent hours curating for upcoming projects are now gone. I don't know why I expected different from Adobe this time, after all, they are the company that bought Silicon Beach, Aldus and Macromedia solely with the intention of discontinuing their products to eliminate the competition. Ugh.

1lRno+

• 21. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                                  rgibbs001 Level 2

Bev, please stop saying that DPC will help, they won't, I've a lot of emails from them and they are either saying "tough" or batting it back to Adobe, ie.

1dwUg+

Adobe have mismanaged this badly and are legally liable to honour the contracts that they acquired when they purchased Fotolia and thereby DPC.

Firstly, our DPC credits should NOT expire if they're not used within 12 months, secondly we had the right to buy unlimited credits at $1 each for the duration of our VIP membership. We shouldn't be forced to pay $10 a month and limited to 10 images. Adobe have unilaterally changed the terms of our contracts without permission.

It's bad enough that the "migration" was so badly botched by Adobe that I've lost images I'd already purchased, along with licence agreement and collections that took many hours to curate for future projects. You've also cost me money. OK, the individual sums are small, so I doubt I'll be bothered to issue a Money Claim Online ( MCOL - Money Claim Online - Welcome ) but I would join a class action suit. I will also fire off complaints both to UK and EU consumer bodies and to the ASA.

Rich.

• 22. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                                    Tim Froling Level 1

What about me!!!

I thought I was redeeming my unused photos to Adobe Stock and they managed to bill me a $39 per month access when I had over 200 credits in the transferred account.

Now they won't refund the 7 months that they double billed me.

Stealing by stealth is still stealing!

I agree totally with

• 23. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                                      Tim Froling Level 1

Totally agree. The same sort of thing happened when Adobe acquired Impakt many years ago. Hundreds of dollars invested then Adobe acquires and shuts down.

Criminal at the very least.

• 24. Re: Ripping off people that had a VIP membership with Dollar photo? classy
                                                        Tim Froling Level 1

Totally agree @rgibbs001. The same sort of thing happened when Adobe acquired Impakt many years ago. Hundreds of dollars I'd invested, then Adobe acquires and shuts down.

Immortal at the very least, most likely criminal.