4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 7:38 PM by lordz19

Import from a different catalog

lordz19

I have a collection I've been working on and I Imported from a Different Catalog to try to get some old edits back from a backup of the same catalog. All the recent changes I've made to the collection are gone. Is there anyway to get back to the state I was in before I imported the back up of the catalog?

• 1. Re: Import from a different catalog
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In the catalog were the collection has all of the changes, you could export that collection as a catalog. Then you could import into the other catalog from that one. After the import is completed you could delete the catalog that just contained the collection.

• 2. Re: Import from a different catalog
            lordz19 Level 1

That's the problem, the changes are gone.

• 3. Re: Import from a different catalog
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I guess I'm a little confused. If you imported from a backup catalog and the recent changes are missing, then that would seem that the backup catalog was created before those changes were made. What am I not understanding?

• 4. Re: Import from a different catalog
                lordz19 Level 1

I'm working on a portfolio and my collection is work I've over the past four years or so. I had approximately 70-80 shots picked out. At least half I had edited and published previously. Much of that previous editing was lost somehow, possibly when I migrated from LR5 to LRCC, possibly operator error (that's another forum topic). I was hoping when I imported from a backup it would bring in those edits, but leave alone the more recent edits. When I imported I selected just the develop setting changes for four hundred odd photos. I ended up with over two hundred in my collection, my most recent editing gone, and since I hadn't gone back far enough, still didn't solve my initial problem. What I should have done is only selected importing the changes to the shots that were in the collection. So I'd like to undo the import. I don't think its possible, though.