6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 11:32 PM by Szalam

Track Camera

nathanv8140229

Why is it when I use the Track Camera option it stops working and closing the whole program after only analyzing the video? Every time. I am paying for subscription too just to use this option.

• 1. Re: Track Camera
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

We don't know which version number of AE you're using, we don't know what OS you're using, we don't know if you have any crash error messages (or, if you do have some, what they say), we don't know what your crash logs say...we really have very little information to go on.

FAQ: What information should I provide?

My best guess is that you're trying to track a piece of video encoded with a variant of the H.264 codec. Try transcoding your footage to an image sequence or a production codec (such as QuickTime with the PNG codec) and use that instead.

• 2. Re: Track Camera
            nathanv8140229 Level 1

Using After Effects CC on windows 10. Would you mind letting me know how to do that? Im a noob but i learn quickly.

• 3. Re: Track Camera
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The point sticks: You have not provided nearly enough info. Comp settings, footage used, tracker settings, exact version of AE, exact system info. Just saying that it crashes and then dropping some generic info is in no way useful to even begin to guess.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Track Camera

nathanv8140229 wrote:

Using After Effects CC

That's not helpful at all. "After Effects CC" includes versions 12.0, 12.1, 12.2, 13.0, 13.1, 13.2, 13.5, 13.6, 13.7, and several bug fix updates in between (like 13.6.1). There is a HUGE difference between 13.2 and 13.5 as Adobe introduced the first parts of a new architecture to AE...

And Mylenium is right; we need a lot more info to really help.

nathanv8140229 wrote:

Would you mind letting me know how to do that? Im a noob but i learn quickly.

Drop your clip into the Adobe Media Encoder and pick QuickTime as the format with PNG as the codec.

• 5. Re: Track Camera
                  djleonluvll

Hi I am new to this forum, I have been using After effects from CS6 to CC the only thing that does not work is the 3d camera tracker, I rendering the video to different formats still it  fails , I think there is a bug, the demo version works fine.

People can some share some inputs on this

• 6. Re: Track Camera

When you say "the demo version works fine", what do you mean?

When you say the 3d camera tracker "does not work", could you be more specific?