1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 3:25 PM by Chetna Srivastava

Lightroom 6 Freeze on Startup

E Griffis

Hello all,

I purchased LR6 standalone earlier this year and used it often for several weeks. Now it has been several weeks since I have used LR, and when I try to open my most recent catalog Lightroom freezes on startup. The Lightroom library appears behind the "splash screen".  After around 30 seconds a black box appears behind the startup "splash screen" (but in my standalone version it is a photo of trees and a rocky hillside). It will remain this way for several minutes along with a circling loading cursor until I get a dialogue box saying "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is not responding, Windows can check online for a solution. If you close the program, you might lose information". The box gives me the option to check for a solution and close the program, close the program, and wait for the program to respond. This whole error does not crash the computer, it just freezes the program and once I close it everything else works fine. Also, when I go into my LRCAT folder the .lock and .journal files are still with the matching catalog. The last time I used LR6 it shut down normally so I'm not sure of the program. I have tried deleting both of these files and reopening but that has not helped. I've also tried just opening Lightroom and not a catalog but I get the same problem. Here's the problem description;

Problem Event Name:AppHangB1
        Application Name:lightroom.exe
        Application Version:6.0.0.10
        Application Timestamp:5523190c
        Hang Signature:fd75
        Hang Type:0
        OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
        Locale ID:1033
        Additional Hang Signature 1:fd754a3ab31baaadc3b097f6ba66701c
        Additional Hang Signature 2:4f13
        Additional Hang Signature 3:4f131eb9931e94c55543d00a9c3adb79
        Additional Hang Signature 4:fd75
        Additional Hang Signature 5:fd754a3ab31baaadc3b097f6ba66701c
        Additional Hang Signature 6:4f13
        Additional Hang Signature 7:4f131eb9931e94c55543d00a9c3adb79

I'm not sure if that helps or not. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I'm worried that I might lose the information in those catalogs that applies adjustments to many of my photos. Thank you all for taking the time reading this post and helping me out.