8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 1:46 PM by EvilBugQueen1

Adobe Stock - two Adobe IDs but only require 1 subscription.

dave@draggnett.com

We are a small business of only 2 people and wanted to look at subscribing for Adobe Photo Stock (as they have taken over Dollar Photo Club). For all the other stock photo websites we have signed up with, we can both log in with the same username and password - as we only need to be registered once - we purchase credit that allows us to purchase the images - irrelevant of who is doing the downloading or the computer it is being downloaded to), but as Adobe requires separate Adobe IDs, wouldn't this mean we have to subscribe twice to the same photo stock service? Doesn't this seems a bit stupid?

Am I reading into it wrong or is there another way around it??

• 1. Re: Adobe Stock - two Adobe IDs but only require 1 subscription.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Cloud License allows 2 activations http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html

-Install on a 2nd computer http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1452292?tstart=0

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sign-in-out-activate-apps.html

-Windows or Mac does not matter... 2 on the same operating system, or 1 on each

-Two activations on one account MAY NOT be in use at the same time (note in the above license link)

So "you" buy one subscription and then "you" sign in on either computer A or B as needed... just not both at the same time

• 2. Re: Adobe Stock - two Adobe IDs but only require 1 subscription.
            davida58128891

I realise you can active one ID on two computers, but there are two people, not one - so we both need to be able to access the stock photos at the same time. We both require a subscription with Adobe ID to be able to use all the CC programs at the same time.

But with all other stock photo websites we are registered with (i.e. vectorstock, istock, dollarphoto, etc - we only require 1 username and 1 password to download/purchase images - either one of us can log on [at the same time] to access images/graphics) - so how does this work with Adobe Stock?? How we can both access it at the same time to purchase images without having to buy two subscriptions?? What am I missing here??

• 3. Re: Adobe Stock - two Adobe IDs but only require 1 subscription.
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't think you are missing anything... one Adobe subscription may not be in use on two computers at the same time... so if two computers must be used at the same time, that means two subscriptions

• 4. Re: Adobe Stock - two Adobe IDs but only require 1 subscription.
                Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are correct that the Stock subscription can only be tied to one account. Since it is a web service and not an Adobe App you can log into with as many computers at a time as you like.

But as you mentioned you would need to use the same Adobe ID for both of you. This is not the end of the world. Use the one account and create a library for images you need to use on the second account and then share that library with your second Adobe ID.

• 6. Re: Adobe Stock - two Adobe IDs but only require 1 subscription.
                  davida58128891 Level 1

It's understandable to have to have two subscriptions for the programme downloads (just like having to purchase two licences), but stupid not to be able to have one login for the Adobe Stock images.

Do you have to create separate logins (a log in per person) for any other royalty free image stock website? Not that I have come across in my 26 years of doing this job.

No good for the 2nd user to just have access to a "shared" library - need access to all images available in Adobe Stock. Both my boss and I are working on different design jobs and need to be able to search for our own images. What does a bigger graphic design business do when there might be 10+ people wanting access to the stock image website? You need to be able to create your own libraries (galleries) for each user.

As you said, not the end of the world, just pretty much guarantees that I will probably never use Adobe Stock to purchase images as I would have to log out of my ID and log in with another all the time just to get what I need. Easier to go elsewhere.

Shame Adobe Stock bought out Dollarphoto as we use that all the time...only need one login for that, so I don't know why it has to change?

• 7. Re: Adobe Stock - two Adobe IDs but only require 1 subscription.
                    Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

davida58128891 wrote:

It's understandable to have to have two subscriptions for the programme downloads (just like having to purchase two licences), but stupid not to be able to have one login for the Adobe Stock images.

Do you have to create separate logins (a log in per person) for any other royalty free image stock website? Not that I have come across in my 26 years of doing this job.

No good for the 2nd user to just have access to a "shared" library - need access to all images available in Adobe Stock. Both my boss and I are working on different design jobs and need to be able to search for our own images. What does a bigger graphic design business do when there might be 10+ people wanting access to the stock image website? You need to be able to create your own libraries (galleries) for each user.

As you said, not the end of the world, just pretty much guarantees that I will probably never use Adobe Stock to purchase images as I would have to log out of my ID and log in with another all the time just to get what I need. Easier to go elsewhere.

Shame Adobe Stock bought out Dollarphoto as we use that all the time...only need one login for that, so I don't know why it has to change?

Actually any Stock image venue I have used before only had one user login account. Same as Stock. Why not just create a third Adobe ID and subscribe just to Stock like you would with any other service? Is there a reason you both can't use it at the same time? Larger companies with that many staff would be on the Cloud for teams rather than individual users. I don't understand why you can't use one login for Stock just as you do the others? Its just a website like any other image service you can be logged it to it on 100 computers at the same time if you want. Just create one account and share it. For any other site you would have to login separately from your cloud account as well.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 8. Re: Adobe Stock - two Adobe IDs but only require 1 subscription.
                      EvilBugQueen1 Adobe Employee

Hi David,

Have you considered purchasing a team license for you and your colleague? You can pool the team licenses. More info here: Common Questions, Adobe Stock

EBQ