5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 12:50 PM by robdillon

Change value in all keyframes (Animation-tween)

JM-CGN

Hi,

there is the posibility to modify a value in all selected keyframes?.

I have two boxes:

Left with rotation animation,

Right with position animation.

I know with the white arrow I can select the "path" and change the position.

But how can I change the position of an object with no position animation?

Thank you!

keyframes-position.jpg

• 1. Re: Change value in all keyframes (Animation-tween)
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Do you want to change the position of the starting or ending point of a tween, or do you want to move the entire tween's location on the stage?

For case 1, you can select and move the object on the stage at either keyframe, start or end, to a new location on the stage. The tween will use the new starting or ending point.

For case 2, turn on onion skinning at the bottom of the timeline window. Turn on Edit Multiple Frames also at the bottom of the timeline window. Make sure that the whole tween is selected in the Timeline. Drag the tween to a new location on the stage. Turn off onion skinning and Edit Multiple Frames. You don't have to use onion skinning, but I find that it gives you a better visualization as you move the tween.

• 2. Re: Change value in all keyframes (Animation-tween)
            JM-CGN Level 1

Thanks,

I thought the "Edit Multiple Frames" option was just for Classic Animation.

I tried it, but what I´m doing wrong?

test-animation-red.gif

• 3. Re: Change value in all keyframes (Animation-tween)

I don't really understand what you're demonstrating. In your mc-hello layer I can see four keyframes. When you first highlight the layer "hello" shows a zoom effect with no change in position. Are you trying to move the zoomed "hello" from the center location to the upper right?

If that's what you want to achieve, you need to select all of the keyframed instances to move the whole animation. A simple way to do that is to drag the selection tool around the whole animation after you select Edit Multiple Frames. The way that you are selecting in your example, you are only selecting one instance at one keyframe and moving that one only.

• 4. Re: Change value in all keyframes (Animation-tween)
                JM-CGN Level 1

Yes, I want to change the position of the whole animation.

You are right,  the problem was, I tried to select all the animation by clicking on the name of the layer.

I don't know why, but I have to lock the other layers and with cmd + A,  select everything in this layers.

Thank you

• 5. Re: Change value in all keyframes (Animation-tween)

Glad that you sorted it out.