2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 10:02 AM by m_vargas

Installed 21.0.0.182 ppapi version but Chrome not showing latest

mnehring

I have installed the standalone version for ppapi 21.0.0.182.  When I launch Google Chrome and go to the flash test site from Adobe, it says that 20.0.0.306 is still installed on the system.  Thoughts on how/why this is not updating?

• 1. Re: Installed 21.0.0.182 ppapi version but Chrome not showing latest
          Kratika Agarwal Adobe Employee

Hi,

Have you updated chrome browser to latest. Flash player comes embedded with chrome. When you update the browser to latest chrome 49, it will have flash player 21.0.0.182.

• 2. Re: Installed 21.0.0.182 ppapi version but Chrome not showing latest
            m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and only uses the embedded version (unless specified, via command-line argument to use a different version), so there is no need to install Flash Player for Chrome separately.  The PPAPI installers provided are for Chromium-based browsers, such as Opera, that do not embed Flash Player.

For the 21.0.0.182 release, Google released the update as a component update instead of a full Chrome update.  It's possible your version of Chrome hasn't been updated, or something went awry with the update (I've seen this happen when Google released Flash Player as a component update).  Please do the following:

1. Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://components
            2. When the components page displays, look for the pepper_flash entry
              • If it shows Version: 20.0.0.306, click the Check for update button to update to 21.0.0.182
              • If it shows Version: 21.0.0.182, the latest version is installed, but for some reason Chrome is using 20.0.0.306 instead of 21.0.0.182.  In this case I would recommend uninstalling Chrome and re-installing it.

--
            Maria