5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 6:11 AM by Steve Grisetti

Oqganizer Help

stevejayvideo77

I tried Organizer for the first time from PPE 14.  #1- It put ALL media in organize not just the specified folder with only Video.  So everything is all messed up.

2- There were many blocks with ? in them.

3 I just noticed that it was putting another NON-SPECIFIED folder in.

Is there any way I can start over?

I only want certain Folders put on--not every piece of media that it detects.

Thanks,

Steve

• 1. Re: Oqganizer Help
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

1) I don't know what you mean by "put ALL media in organize not just the specified folder with only Video." Can you please explain what you're seeing and what you expected to see?

2) The ? likely mean that the program is still analyzing your media files and hasn't yet populated the thumbnails. Leave it running for a while and let it finish building your catalog.

3) I still don't know what you mean by "it was putting another NON-SPECIFIED folder in." What is a specified folder? What exactly are you seeing that you don't want to see?

BTW, is the program upgrading a catalog from a previous version of the program or is it building your catalog from scratch? That makes a huge difference.

You can start over with a new fresh catalog by selecting Manage Catalog from the File menu. You can then designate which directory folders it looks for media in. Though I'm not sure the advantage of the catalog only cataloging some media files.

• 2. Re: Oqganizer Help
            stevejayvideo77 Level 1

What is a specified folder?          I only picked 1 Folder from explorer just to try it out. Organizer opened  several folders out of order plus it had photo's which I did not specify. I specified a video only Folder.

It is building a catalogue from scratch.

• 3. Re: Oqganizer Help

When you first open the Organizer, it searches your entire computer for media files in order to build its catalog.

If that isn't what you want, switch from Albums view to Folders view (at the top of the Albums panel on the left), right-click on each folder you don't want to include in your catalog and switch it to an Unwatched Folder.

• 4. Re: Oqganizer Help
                stevejayvideo77 Level 1

Thanks for your answer. How do I separate Photos in 1 folder & Video in another.

Thanks,

Steve

• 5. Re: Oqganizer Help

Since this is a separate question, you may want to start a new thread so that it will get the attention it deserves.