3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 1:44 PM by Rick Gerard

mask modes menu not appearing???

hahnl1

Trying to complete an assignment by masking out a roof in with blue sky and replacing it with a jpg image, but when I create the mask and go to set the mask mode, there is no menu like there is in the diagram in our textbook (Adobe After Effects CC 2014 release Classroom in a Book). I have attached a screenshot of where I'm stuck at on the After Effects software. Any help is much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 2.47.36 PM.png

• 1. Re: mask modes menu not appearing???
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you have possibly hidden columns or you are working in the Ray-traced rendering mode, or you need to learn how to use the little timeline icons at the bottom left corner of the time line. It's impossible for me to tell exactly what's going on without a screenshot of your whole project. You can just snap a screenshot and drag it right into the  reply field on this forum.

• 2. Re: mask modes menu not appearing???
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Twirl your mask settings up and then twirl them back down again. It looks like you just pressed U to reveal all properties that have keyframes.

Alternatively, you can press MM to reveal all mask properties (but you have to be fast otherwise it thinks you pressed M).

Forget what I said. Rick's got it!

• 3. Re: mask modes menu not appearing???
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your mask is not closed. NO options are available until you close your mask. Select the pen tool, select the end mask point,  now complete the mask and the path options will appear.

masks.jpg