6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 3:16 AM by SBeask

Downloading RAW Images

SBeask

purchased a new laptop (Windows 10) last Sept.Not sure if I transferred Elem 9 from my old laptop or whether I used the DVDs provided. Anyhow, Received notice of updates for Elem 9 and download failed (Something about RAW Images) I got a new Canon 70D & download of RAW images failed

• 1. Re: Downloading RAW Images
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're trying to open Raw 70D image files with Elements 9, it won't work.

Cameras supported by Adobe Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

The 70D was first supported in Camera Raw 8.2 which is only compatible with Elements 12 and later.

Options:

1. Upgrade to Elements 14 (current version), or
          2. Download the free Adobe DNG converter, convert all 70D Raw files to DNG format then edit the DNG files in Elements 9. An extra step for you but no extra cost.
            Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC
            Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube
          • 2. Re: Downloading RAW Images
            SBeask Level 1

John, thanks for your response.

I’ve been trying to download Elements 14 but cannot get into checkout. The only thing I seem to be missing is the Promotion Code.

Another thing that’s annoying me is the price for the upgrade – don’t think I should be paying for an upgrade.

Also advertised at €103 (incl VAT) on the adverts but it’s €126.69 before I get to the checkout page. What’s happening???

Sean

• 3. Re: Downloading RAW Images
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know how it is in your country, but in the US it's possible to indicate that you are purchasing an upgrade and indicate what version you are upgrading from. Then the price will reflect the upgrade price. Why is it that you feel you shouldn't be required to purchase an upgrade. It is a newer version with additional features. Adobe programs receive occasional updates that are free, but when a completely new version is released there is always an upgrade price to pay.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Downloading RAW Images
                SBeask Level 1

The price is a gripe I have - why advertise at one price & when it comes to checkout it's a higher price.

Anyhow my main question now is that when I try to order Elements & Premier 14 online nothing happens when I hit the checkout button - Why?

Is it because that I don't have a promotional code.

This is a copy of My Cart page

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Adobe Premiere Elements 14

I want to buy: Upgrade
                I own: Upgrade from previous versions
                Platform: Windows
                Language: English
                Delivery: Download
                Quantity: 1

(incl.VAT 23%)

Apply

Subtotal (ex.VAT)

VAT VAT info

Total

This is the link advertising the product @ €103.01 (incl VAT)

I have requested an upgrade, but there is no feature asking what am I upgrading from.

Adobe screens are not very helpful

• 5. Re: Downloading RAW Images
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Right now, the discounted Full (non-upgrade) price is cheaper than the Upgrade price.  Your cart starts out with the Full pricing and changes to the Upgrade pricing when you click Save Changes.  If you want the current sale price then don't choose the Upgrade option.

I can’t tell from the copy-pasted text what might be wrong.  A graphical screenshot might show more information including the state of the various buttons.

As a generation suggestion, try removing what you have from the cart and trying again.  If that still doesn’t work then try a different browser.

• 6. Re: Downloading RAW Images
                    SBeask Level 1

Thanks to all for your assistance. What I have done for the moment is that I logged into Adobe via Internet Explorer and downloaded the trial version free for a month. I had been using Mozilla. Not sure if this answers my original query