1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 5:29 AM by Steve Grisetti

how can I transfer a video I created on Version 8 to Version 14 to continue editing it?

TFlowe

I have just installed version 14 on my computer because my version 8 has stopped functioning properly. I have several videos that were created on 8 that I need to finish editing. How can I open them in version 14?

• 1. Re: how can I transfer a video I created on Version 8 to Version 14 to continue editing it?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can not open a version 8 project in version 14. The programs are too different.

If you want to finish your version 8 project, you'll need to figure out how to get version 8 working again.

If you'd like to edit your project in version 14, you should restart it in version 14.

If your video project was finished in version 8 and you output a video of the finished project, you can import that video into version 14 by using Add Media/From Files and Folders. However, this video will be a finished video. You will not be able to take it apart change your editing to it as you could with a project file.